Some passengers claimed that the woman had been behaving strangely at the gate before the flight from Los Angeles.
"All I [had] seen was she was reaching for the door, my children were there, other passengers, families - she was not getting the door open".
The flight interrupted by a disruptive passenger trying to open the emergency exit occurred on a 737-800.
CCIA officials say their public safety officers were in contact with the Southwest pilot to assist the passenger off the plane.
Military plane flips on its top at Dayton Air Show
Their conditions were not known and it was not immediately clear what caused the incident, according to NBC affiliate WDTN . The pilot, his passenger and a tactical aircraft maintainer were all taken to a hospital for treatment.
The station reports that the police chief for the district identified the officer as Pamela Minchew, who is brand new to the department. "Somebody who was sitting down right next to her jumped and grabbed her and threw her down", passenger Moses Obregon said to KPRC.
"Everybody was just in shock", he said from the Corpus Christi airport, where passengers had been allowed to leave the plane. "Fearing for her safety and the safety of everyone on the plane, she took action and was able to restrain the passenger", Evans said. "But the staff handled everything very well".
The Southwest flight from Los Angeles was delayed in Corpus Christi for about two and a half hours before touching down in Houston.
She reportedly wrote the words, "Help me" on beverage napkins.
"The rest of the passengers cheered when the off-duty officer came back on board", after the woman was removed, Gillentine told the newspaper. Due to the fact that the plane was in the air when the incident happened, they'll be investigating the matter.
- Nancy Pelosi Insists She Won't Step Down As Democratic House Minority Leader
- A ballgame of unity, spirit, friendly rivalry, won by Dems
- Ronaldo summoned to court, Mourinho accused of tax fraud
- Spanish state prosecutor accuses Jose Mourinho of tax fraud
- NHL, adidas unveil new uniforms - and they killed off Johnny Canuck
- Trump mocks Democratic leaders Pelosi and Schumer
- BJP wooing dalits via Kovind: Shiv Sena
- Jaipur traffic police apologise to hurt Bumrah
- Germany fightback against exciting Chile
- London fire manslaughter charges tipped