LeBron took to Twitter and pondered why the National Basketball Association even has a salary cap and thinks Curry should be getting way more... The Warriors finished with the league's best record for a third straight year. Iguodala has spent the previous four years with Golden State, helping them to two NBA titles in the process, and winning the 2015 NBA Finals MVP.
Curry was finally able to cash in after playing on one of the most team-friendly contracts in the National Basketball Association. Curry and Livingston signed new contracts, while Durant is patiently waiting his turn, but will sign with the Warriors eventually.
Banner night for team at NBA Awards
Brogdon could receive Rookie of the Year and Antetkounmpo could get most improved player when those awards are bestowed at 8 p.m. He also made a little bit of history by becoming the first Houston player to win the award in his first season with the team.
One of the first deals that was agreed to once free agency began at 12:01 a.m. ET Saturday was the Warriors' "supermax" offer to Stephen Curry, which will pay him $201M over the next five years, and make him the highest-paid player in the history of the National Basketball Association. In fact, he suggested Curry should have been signing a $400M deal this summer. Blake Griffin had an short run as the NBA's highest-paid player before Curry signed his new contract. LeBron James, now with one year and $33.2 million left on his contract, took to Twitter to share how much he thinks Curry should actually be receiving.
As of right now, Curry leads the way with an average salary of $40,231,758 over the next five years. We'll have to wait and see.
- GoodBye VAT, Hello GST: Prez Pranab Mukherjee calls GST a disruptive change
- Deputies: Woman gives birth to child fathered by 11-year-old
- German audience laughs after Trump Cabinet member's address is cut off
- Chicago police officers indicted in Laquan McDonald case
- Nintendo Super Famicom Classic Mini Edition Announced
- UK Parents Say Life Support to End for Terminally Ill Son
- Marine Le Pen of France's Front National placed under formal investigation
- Serena Williams Opens Up About Her Surprise Pregnancy
- Suspected gunman killed after injuring multiple people at New York City hospital
- Italy threatens to close ports to NGO migrant rescue ships