The scuffle took place after MLA Engineer Rashid clashed with the Bharatiya Janata Party members against the imposition of the GST bill, following which, Rashid was supported by the Opposition party.
As the house met at 2.30 pm after two adjournments, the ruling and opposition members clashed verbally accusing one another of eroding the special status of the State.
Earlier in the day, journalists, too, had staged a walkout from the Jammu and Kashmir Assembly, boycotting the proceedings after they were barred from carrying cameras inside during the special session for GST Bill.
"Presently, we are allowing taxes in tourism in Kashmir and industry in Jammu region, " the Deputy Speaker said, adding that "once we surrender our powers under GST, we can not do anything even if we would like to help these industries".
An official spokesman said only journalists without cameras, mobile phones and any sort of equipment, will be allowed to cover the House proceedings. Terming the GST as "Government Saving Tax", JKPCC Chief, G A Mir on Monday said that PDP-BJP government is trying every bid to implement the law here to save their chair.
Serena Williams Opens Up About Her Surprise Pregnancy
In her interview with Vanity Fair , Serena said that her heart dropped when she found out that she was pregnant during the Australia Open back in July.
"We are on brink of history and posterity will judge us all on what we say today while we are here to safeguard the special status of J&K", he said. "I can lynch you here", he said.
The opposition parties including National Conference (NC), Congress and some independents said they were not against the GST per-se, but were against the adoption of Amendment 101 in its present form.
He claimed that while Rana was opposing the GST in the Assembly, he has already migrated his businesses to the new taxation regime.
Irked by the repeated disruptions, PDP MLA Javid Hassan Beig entered into a heated argument with Mr. Rashid.
Meanwhile, moderate separatist leader Mirwaiz Umar Farooq has extended full support to programmes of to JKCC to oppose implementation of GST in the State.
- Jeff Horn challenged to defend title by Chris van Heerden
- Steph Curry Scores Richest Deal in NBA History
- US Navy Destroyer Sails Near Disputed Island in South China Sea
- China says India using Bhutan to cover up illegal entry
- Banner night for team at NBA Awards
- Contradictions and hypocrisy in the Senate healthcare proposal
- Marine Le Pen of France's Front National placed under formal investigation
- Samsung Signs Deal to Build US Home Appliance Plant
- Sony is opening a vinyl factory in Japan
- UK Parents Say Life Support to End for Terminally Ill Son