Mufti too condemned the incident.
The annual yatra to the Amarnath cave shrine began from Jammu last week amid tight security. "The security personnel had withdrawn from the area by the time the attack took place".
The main yatra convoy is escorted by the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), which has now rushed troops to the spot.
The pilgrims were returning after paying obeisance at the shrine nestled in the Himalayas when the attack occurred.
"This is a grave & unacceptable security lapse".
Ostapenko into first Wimbledon quarterfinal
She said: "When I was serving for the match, 5-3, 40-15, I knew if I make a good serve or something, I can win it". And the writing was on the wall for Konjuh following that second dropped service game. "It's also part of my game".
Bhatnagar said the bus was not registered with the Amarnath Yatra Shrine Board. "He also concealed weapons looted from police guards in a vehicle and shifted them to different locations on the directions of LeT", he said. In a joint statement, they said the incident went against the very grain of Kashmiri ethos.
The state's chief minister, Mehbooba Mufti, arrived at the scene shortly after the attack, which she called "an assault on our values and traditions".
The Amarnath yatra came under attack on August 1, 2000, when gunmen killed 30 people in Pahalgam.
The one thing we had all feared this year during the yatra.
Earlier, the Amarnath yatra was suspended due to law and order situation in the Kashmir Valley for the death anniversary of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani. "This is the first time yatris have been targeted". "I share the pain and anguish of families who lost loved ones in the terror attack on innocent Amarnath Yatris today", he tweeted. "In spite of recent successes against militants and unprecedented force presence".
Six Hindu pilgrims, majority women, have been killed in a gun battle that erupted in Indian-administrated Kashmir after suspected rebel fighters attacked a police vehicle, officials said.
He added further that a CRPF camp located 3.5 km away from the attack site had also been attacked but that jawans had foiled the attack and that nobody had been injured.
- Amid pandemonium, Jammu and Kashmir govt moves GST resolution in Assembly
- Peter Sagan kicked out of Tour de France after Mark Cavendish crash
- Leicester To Complete Signing Of Sevilla Midfielder Iborra
- Red Cross in need of donations during 'blood emergency'
- How Spider-Man: Homecoming ties into the MCU
- Workers comp reform provisions left out of approved IL budget
- Cowboys' Damien Wilson arrested, charged with aggravated assault on Fourth of July
- Froome still on top at Tour de France
- Eight wounded in shooting near French mosque
- GST rollout: Cabinet Secy takes stock of impact on consumers