The ad though will be subjected to the same policies that govern the selection of ads on Facebook and Instagram. The company claimed that it wants to enable "meaningful connections" between customers and companies.
Ads that link to Messenger conversations can connect to advertisers' chatbots. Facebook has added support in Ads Manager and Power Editor for optimised use. However, the new adverts are still in the beta stage of development, so it is unlikely that all of Messenger's 1.2 billion monthly users will be bombarded by them just yet.
Facebook will be targeting the ads based on the user's interest.
That's all going to change, as Facebook is rolling inbox advertisements into beta on a worldwide scale. People will see Messenger ads in the Home tab of their Messenger ads.
Cowboys' Damien Wilson arrested, charged with aggravated assault on Fourth of July
Wilson, who was taken with a fourth-round pick in the 2015 draft, started six games past year and recorded a total of 34 tackles. Wilson is the second Cowboy arrested this offseason, after safety Nolan Carroll was arrested for DUI .
Facebook is expanding the list of marketers that can buy ads inside Messenger, the company's standalone messaging app.
The move brings opportunities to marketing pros, but many users are groaning over the upcoming feature. As one of the biggest services in the world, Messenger gives advertisers an enormous global billboard to pitch their products on. "So if they want to keep showing more ads to the same users, they have to find other places to do that".
"[Advertising is] not necessarily everything, but it's definitely how we're going to be making money right now", Chudnovsky said. There are "other business models" under consideration, he says, but they all tie into ads.
Facebook quarterly profit in the first three months of this year surged as its ranks of monthly users swelled, but the firm warned of rising expenses and slowing revenue growth.
- Manchester bomber used his student loans to pay for bomb-making materials
- Tour de France | Stage six
- Strangers Form Human Chain in Beach Rescue
- Froome still on top at Tour de France
- Mississippi: US Marine Corps aircraft crashes, 16 dead
- Kelechi Iheanacho: Leicester City reach agreement with Manchester City
- Workers comp reform provisions left out of approved IL budget
- Poor sleep increases risk of Alzheimer's, research reveals
- West Indies beat India by nine wickets in one-off T20
- Amarnath yatri killings: CM condemns, says attack on Kashmir ethos