A total of 337 votes were cast on Saturday in the West Bengal assembly in the presidential polls, sources said. Thirty two polling stations including the one in Parliament house, were set up in various states.
Jailed MLAs Chhagan Bhujbal and Ramesh Kadam will be brought to the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly from prison for voting.
GFP, a BJP ally, is supporting the NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind.
The presidential polls will be held on 17 July and the electoral college is made up of MPs and MLAs.
Though the SP, BSP, Congress and RLD members have announced their support for the opposition candidate but cross voting could be a major problem for the SP and other parties.
The Opposition's nominee for the top constitutional post is former Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar. The successor of 13th President Pranab Mukherjee will be taking up responsibilities for tenure of 5 years.
Specially serial-numbered pens with violet ink have been supplied by the EC for voters to mark their votes on Monday.
Kelechi Iheanacho: Leicester City reach agreement with Manchester City
According to Sky Sports , the Foxes have agreed the basics of a deal with Manchester City to take Iheanacho to the King Power Stadium.
Fifty-five MPs had sought permissions to cast their vote in state capitals.
In state assemblies, brisk voting was on as MLAs and some MPs also queued up outside their legislative complexes to choose the next President. The DMK has no representation in Lok Sabha but has four MPs in Rajya Sabha.
The election to choose Indias 14th President saw nearly 100 per cent voting on Monday with Lok Sabha Secretary and Returning Officer Anoop Mishra terming it "probably the highest turnout ever".
"Among the state assemblies, based on the number of MLAs who have declared criminal cases against themselves, the maximum number of votes are from Uttar Pradesh which has 29,744 out of 83,616 votes analysed, of the members who have declared criminal cases against themselves", the report said.
The voting value of an MLA varies from state to state; higher the population higher the value of the MLA's vote. Kovind has the support of ruling BJP's alliance NDA and seven other smaller parties. The total strength of Electoral college is 10,98,903 votes.
- United States urges China to release Liu Xiaobo's wife and let her leave
- West Indies beat India by nine wickets in one-off T20
- Ezekiel Elliott Could Be Facing Possible Suspension From NFL
- Kermit the Frog will have a new voice after actor steps down
- Records galore for Mithali Raj in ICC Women's World Cup
- The Search for 4 Bucks County Missing Men: What We Know
- Nevada Regulators Will Consider Emergency Pot Distribution Rules
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is Getting First-Person-Only Servers In the July Update
- China's artists defy censorship ban to mourn Liu Xiaobo
- Strangers Form Human Chain in Beach Rescue