Meria Kumar was the former speaker of LokSabha was announced as the Indian National Congress lead Opposition's candidate for the President post of India. Of that 93 were rejected and Ramnath Kovind and Meria Kumar for selected for the opposition. And the voting has begun today at 10 am. Kovind is coming for campaigning of Presidential polls to be held later this month. A total of 32 polling stations - one in Parliament House and one each in the state legislative Assemblies - have been set up. He was spotted with an umbrella as there is cloudy weather in the city.
While UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath went to the state assembly to cast his vote for the President along with all his MLAs, Shivpal fueling the Samajwadi feud announced that around 15 MLA's from the party voted for the BJP candidate. The total votes of all those supporting Kovind comes to over 60 per cent, which is a lot higher than the required 50 per cent.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi had on Sunday called for a conscience vote terming in the presidential election, which she termed was as a "clash of ideas" and "conflict of disparate values".
On the other hand, 124 legislators of the 126-member Assam assembly and three MPs of All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) had cast their votes in the Assam assembly on Monday.
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is Getting First-Person-Only Servers In the July Update
KitGuru Says: A first-person only mode in a battle royale game will prove significantly more hard , acting like a hardcore mode. First person in PUBG is a little more daunting than third person as the view point constrains what you can see, naturally.
Before addressing NDA MPs, Modi also addressed a meeting of BJP parliamentary party executive committee.
The votes will be counted on July 20.
If elected, 71-year-old Kovind will be the second Dalit to become President after K.R. Narayanan, who was the 10th President. "It is important that we protect and preserve it", she said.
Another Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said Kovind will register a "decisive victory" in the race to Raisina Hills and added that he would turn out as an "honest" president who will work hard as per the Constitution.
- United States urges China to release Liu Xiaobo's wife and let her leave
- Poor sleep increases risk of Alzheimer's, research reveals
- Honda links 11th U.S. death to faulty Takata airbags
- Ostapenko into first Wimbledon quarterfinal
- Ezekiel Elliott Could Be Facing Possible Suspension From NFL
- Mississippi: US Marine Corps aircraft crashes, 16 dead
- Trump set terms to give Russian Federation its diplomatic properties back
- Jimmy Carter taken to Canadian hospital
- Remains of longtime fugitive found in eastern MA
- Kelechi Iheanacho: Leicester City reach agreement with Manchester City