"We have asked the White House to clarify the tweet", the statement said.
The United States has offered $ 25 million for the capture of the Iraqi. Unfortunately it was leaked in a prominent national newspaper about a week later and then he went dead.
President Donald Trump ripped off a slew of assertions on Twitter Saturday morning, including a claim that the "Failing New York Times" intentionally foiled a USA attempt to kill the leader of ISIS. Tony Thomas at the Aspen Security Forum on Friday, where he told Fox News correspondent Catherine Herridge that a USA special operations team failed to carry out a hit on Al-Baghdadi in 2015 after a lead was leaked.
It is unclear what story or report Trump was referring to.
But US defence secretary General James Mattis said on Friday: "I think Baghdadi's alive. and I'll believe otherwise when we know we've killed him".
Musk says government likes plan for high-speed tunnels
It is likely only a matter of paperwork and technicality at this point, but this is good news for his Boring company . Given the huge traffic in Boston, it should come as no surprise that its residents are also intrigued by Musk's idea.
US President Donald Trump today accused The New York Times of "foiling" American attempt to kill the self-proclaimed leader of ISIS Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi. American officials expressed confidence that an influential lieutenant, Abu Hamid, was killed in the attack, but the Islamic State, which remains resilient, has not yet confirmed his death.
Mattis said he believed al-Baghdadi still "had a role to play" in the Islamic State organization, stating he may have assumed a role as a spiritual or propaganda leader.
Rasmussen noted that the US intelligence community, which estimated that some 40,000 foreigners joined Islamic State in Syria and Iraq after the conflict began, until recently assessed that many would return home.
A new INTELLIGENCE LEAK from the Amazon Washington Post, this time against A.G. Jeff Sessions.These illegal leaks, like Comey's, must stop!
- Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif asked to produce money trail
- 5 players to watch out for as India takes on Australia
- US 2 El Salvador 0
- United States lawmaker to protest if Duterte visits White House
- Dog resuscitated by firefighters after house fire in California
- Skydiver kills self by not opening parachute
- India will face consequences if stirs up conflicts on border: Chinese media
- Half Approve of Trump in Counties That Fueled His Win
- Steelers, Le'Veon Bell fail to reach deal by deadline
- Arsenal beat Bayern Munich on penalties!