And in that vein, the upcoming "Ready Player One" fits the genre. When Halliday dies, he leaves his vast fortune to the first person to find a digital Easter egg he has hidden somewhere in the Oasis, sparking a contest that grips the entire world.
Then, he puts on his OASIS visor, and we are treated to a stunning glimpse of the virtual-reality world, set to Rush's "Tom Sawyer" (because of course).
"It was like the most fantastic flash forward and flashback at the same time", the director said of the film, an adaptation of Ernest Cline's sci-fi novel. Akira, Iron Giant, Back to the Future, Nightmare On Elm Street, and so much more. Wade's devoted his life to studying the puzzles hidden within this world's digital confines-puzzles that are based on their creator's obsession with the pop culture of decades past and that promise massive power and fortune to whoever can unlock them. But, Steven Spielberg not only had a talent search.
5 players to watch out for as India takes on Australia
And, the dismissal of her skipper released the shackles on Kaur as she needed just a further 26-balls to reach three figures. Her third global ton was brought up in freaky circumstances as she scampered for the two runs she needed to raise her bat.
"This film will expose a lot of people to the concept of virtual reality, and I think that this will change the speed of adoption" of this tool, has added Ernie Cline.
"And you can do whatever you want in this world, everything that you can imagine".
"This was definitely the most complex movie I've ever worked on".
The film is scheduled to hit theaters on March 30, 2018. So when the great bearded one announced he was going to direct a movie version, many were intruigued about how they'd incorporate references to films owned by a wide variety of companies - especially as Spielberg said he would be going easy on references to his own films.
- Israel Attacks Palestinians at Al Aqsa Mosque, Injuring Dozens
- United States lawmaker to protest if Duterte visits White House
- Next month's eclipse visible in WNY
- Musk says government likes plan for high-speed tunnels
- California's Governor declared an emergency following wildfires on Tuesday
- Trump set terms to give Russian Federation its diplomatic properties back
- Half Approve of Trump in Counties That Fueled His Win
- AlphaBay, world's largest Dark Web market, officially shut down by DOJ
- Steelers, Le'Veon Bell fail to reach deal by deadline
- Minneapolis police chief quits over death of Australian woman