Ray picked up the injury just two days into training camp after attempting to shed a block during Thursday's practice, coach Vance Joseph said on Friday.
Ray, a first-round pick in 2015, will miss six to eight weeks.
The moves come with outside linebacker Shane Ray scheduled for surgery Saturday to fix a torn ligament in his left wrist that will sideline him up to two months.
"He was sore and he wore a brace today in practice, but the X-ray showed the ligament was torn". An exam revealed the torn ligament and Ray did not participate in the Broncos' walk-through early Friday evening.?
Ray finished 2016 with 48 tackles to go along with eight sacks. Shaq Barrett, the Broncos' primary backup to Ray and Von Miller, is also injured. He joins fellow linebacker Shaquil Barrett, who is expected to return from a hip injury in September, among the walking wounded for the Broncos this offseason. Again, we don't play for a month and half - the real football games. The Louisville, Ky. native was on the training camp roster in 2015 on a futures contract signed after spending time with the Loveland-based Colorado Ice.
President Trump, on Long Island, pledges to destroy MS-13
Since January of 2016, 17 murders in Suffolk County have been attributed to MS-13, which drew the ire of Mr. Security on the campus will be tight today, school officials have said.
The Broncos signed linebacker Danny Mason on Saturday to add to the team's depth and competition in training camp.
The good news is that with a quick recovery, Ray could miss little to no regular season time.
Veteran linebacker Kasim Edebali will have to step up in Ray's absence and make up for some of the lost production.
"We should get a nice Christmas bonus in the first two weeks of the season, a nice boost, " Joseph said.
- European Union urges Israel, Jordan to cooperate on security in Jerusalem
- Pentagon Chief Assumes Daesh Leader Baghdadi Is Alive
- California's Governor declared an emergency following wildfires on Tuesday
- India thrash S Lanka in first Test
- Tobacco stocks hit by USA plan to cut nicotine levels in cigarettes
- Twin boys, 3, drown in Melville pool accident
- Cowboys release WR Lucky Whitehead after arrest
- Parents of Charlie Gard end legal battle with United Kingdom hospital
- Chelsea lose to Inter Milan in last preseason friendly
- Google launches fourth and final Android O developer preview