The ruling plunges the country into fresh political turmoil roughly one year before scheduled general elections which would have seen Sharif become the first Pakistani prime minister to complete a full five-year term.
The rally came a day after Pakistan's Supreme Court removed Sharif from office after finding that he and his family concealed their assets. On Saturday, additional consultations were held among the party leaders, and the PML (N) parliamentary group is now holding a meeting, which will finally fix the decision, and it will be officially announced afterwards.
"There is no conflict in the party".
"We know very well what the crime of Nawaz Sharif and the Muslim League is". The decision was later announced by Nawaz Sharif himself amid loud applause by the parliamentarians and party leaders.
The election of the PML-N's fielded candidates to the post is considered to be a foregone conclusion, as the party now holds a hefty majority in parliament and can independently vote them into office.
He said his party will celebrate the court's decision with a public meeting in capital Islamabad, asking his activists to remain calm.Читайте также: India thrash S Lanka in first Test
"I suggest Shahid Khaqan Abbasi as the candidate", the former prime minister said.
In the PML-N consultative session on Friday, Nawaz had proposed the name of his brother as the next Prime Minister, party sources were reported as saying by Geo News.
The top court also ordered criminal cases be opened against Sharif and his family.
New elections would be held in Nawaz Sharif's former constituency which is based in the PML-N powerbase of the Punjab process which could take up to 45 days.
The younger Sharif - who is chief minister of the country's most populous province of Punjab - has so far been unscathed by the corruption allegations engulfing his brother's family.
The Supreme Court yesterday disqualified 67-year-old Sharif for dishonesty and ruled that corruption cases be filed against him and his children over the Panama Papers scandal, forcing the embattled leader out of office.
He said history would now decide whether the court's decision was good for Pakistan. He faced charges along with Sharif following the 1999 bloodless coup by Gen. Pervez Musharraf who overthrew Sharif.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- US State Department: Iran's Satellite Launch Violates UN Resolution
- Tobacco stocks hit by USA plan to cut nicotine levels in cigarettes
- Minneapolis police chief quits over death of Australian woman
- Stockton Teenager Livestreams The Fatal Crash That Killed Her Sister
- Watch out Kim! World's BIGGEST warship joins the Donald Trump's arsenal TODAY
- Dhawan half-century steers India to 115-1 at lunch
- Pure Grace! First 62 In Major History
- Spielberg reveals an overview of the virtual world of "Ready Player One"
- Cowboys release WR Lucky Whitehead after arrest
- Calm and Order in Elections for Constituent Assembly in Venezuela