Less than 24 hours after he took to the podium to discuss his ongoing contract negotiations, strong safety Kam Chancellor has agreed to an extension with the Seattle Seahawks. ESPN first reported the deal.
Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks now agree on something.
Over the weekend, both Chancellor and Coach Pete Carroll had indicated that an extension was imminent and Chancellor was encouraged about the progress toward a deal that would keep him in Seattle for a long time. Chancellor recorded 85 tackles, eight passes defended, four tackles for a loss, and two interceptions in 2016, and is one step closer to finishing his career with the team that drafted him.Читайте также: Calm and Order in Elections for Constituent Assembly in Venezuela
The deal is worth $36 million, including $25 million in guaranteed money. The signing of Chancellor helps Seattle ensure that the "Legion of Boom" will remain in place for years to come.
A four-time Pro Bowl selection, Chancellor has 12 career interceptions in seven National Football League seasons, all with Seattle. Right from the start of camp, Chancellor expressed his optimism about a new deal. This deal is a best-case scenario for Chancellor and the Seahawks. If the Seahawks didn't sign Chancellor, he would have been a top target in the free agent market in 2018. The three-year length of the extension makes sense given Chancellor's age and his recent injury history.
Chancellor, 29, started 12 games previous year and played at a high level with two interceptions, a forced fumble and 85 tackles. I can't really put a time frame on how long I want to play.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Tobacco stocks hit by USA plan to cut nicotine levels in cigarettes
- Google launches fourth and final Android O developer preview
- Dhawan half-century steers India to 115-1 at lunch
- Fact Check: Trump Misfires on Situation in Lebanon
- Attractive weather heading into early next week
- Get free MAC lipstick for National Lipstick Day
- Herat mosque blast 'kills many' in Afghanistan
- Twin boys, 3, drown in Melville pool accident
- US State Department: Iran's Satellite Launch Violates UN Resolution
- Cowboys release WR Lucky Whitehead after arrest