The Washington Huskies are ranked No. 7 in the preseason coaches poll released Thursday, marking the program's highest preseason ranking in either of the two major polls in 20 years. The Buckeyes picked up five first-place votes.
Florida State leads the way among Sunshine State teams, sitting at No. 3.
No surprises in the top five: Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Southern California and Clemson.
For the second conecutive season, Alabama will start as the top-ranked team.
The remaining seven first-place votes went to defending national champion Clemson, but the Tigers will start 2017 at No. 5 overall.
Other SEC teams in the poll are No. 13 Auburn, No. 15 Georgia, No. 16 Florida, No. 24 Tennessee. BYU also received votes ahead of the opener against LSU. He will have a core of young talent on defense, including 10 returning starters and greater depth. Rounding out the top 10 were Penn State, Washington, Oklahoma, Michigan and Wisconsin.
A sure sign of college football's imminent arrival is the preseason top 25 polls.
As you can see by looking up and down the Top 25, the Big Ten looks to be one of the best, if not the best, conferences in the nation in 2017. TCU was third among teams receiving votes.
South Florida is ranked No. 21 after winning 11 games a year ago.
USA sanctions top Venezuelan officials as general strike paralyzes country
A growing list of air carriers has suspended service to Venezuela as the country sinks further into economic and political ruin. He has warned the Organization of American States not to intervene in Venezuela , saying that would surely bring on civil war.
- Kam Chancellor signs new deal while Ryan Clady retires
- Broncos linebacker Ray to miss six to eight weeks with wrist injury
- Oscar Pistorius 'rushed to hospital with suspected HEART ATTACK'
- President Trump, on Long Island, pledges to destroy MS-13
- Arrested for Indecent Assault
- Man Allegedly Held Girlfriend, 2 Kids Captive for 2 Years
- White House Denies Involvement With Fox News Story at Center of Lawsuit
- Tobacco stocks hit by USA plan to cut nicotine levels in cigarettes
- Twin boys, 3, drown in Melville pool accident
- Chelsea lose to Inter Milan in last preseason friendly