Jailed Paralympian Oscar Pistorius is in hospital - reportedly suffering from chest pains.
Jailed former Olympian Oscar Pistorius has been taken to hospital, authorities have confirmed. But new reports from The Guardian state that Pistorius will be required to stay at the facility overnight to undergo further observation.
Pistorius, serving six years for killing his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day in 2013, was brought into hospital by armed guards at about 8am today. Maistry declined to comment on those reports.
Joe Arpaio Could Face Jail Time For Illegally Targeting Immigrants
District Judge Susan Bolton found Arpaio guilty of criminal contempt of the court for willfully violating a federal judge's order. Arpaio later faced a civil trial for ignoring several orders, and he was found guilty of civil contempt of court a year ago .
The 30-year-old Pistorius was first imprisoned at the Kgosi Mampuru II Prison in central Pretoria but was moved to Atteridgeville because it was better suited to handle disabled inmates.
Pistorius has previously received hospital treatment in August 2016, after slipping in his cell and injuring his wrists.
But South Africa's Supreme Court of Appeals overturned the verdict in December 2015 and convicted Pistorius of murder, ruling that he should have known he might kill someone when firing four shots into the bathroom door. Pistorius claimed he mistook his girlfriend for a nighttime intruder. Initially, he was convicted of culpable homicide and was sent behind bars for a year. The National Prosecuting Authority said it will appeal to South Africa's Supreme Court, and the appeal could be heard this year, opening another chapter in a case that has lasted almost five years. South African prosecutors are in the process of appealing Pistorius' six-year sentence with the intention of having him serve a maximum 15-year sentence. There is no death penalty in South Africa.
- Parents of Charlie Gard end legal battle with United Kingdom hospital
- Calm and Order in Elections for Constituent Assembly in Venezuela
- US State Department: Iran's Satellite Launch Violates UN Resolution
- Get free MAC lipstick for National Lipstick Day
- Sheriff: Peanut butter used as part of escape scheme
- Trump replaces chief of staff Priebus with general Kelly
- India thrash S Lanka in first Test
- Twin boys, 3, drown in Melville pool accident
- President Trump, on Long Island, pledges to destroy MS-13
- White House Denies Involvement With Fox News Story at Center of Lawsuit