That vote resulted in an expansion in the number of Uber's board seats from eight to 11.
Benchmark cited all three cases in its suit as examples of Kalanick's mismanagement.
Another early Uber employee, Ryan Graves, announced Thursday that he is stepping down from a vice president role but will keep his seat on the board.
Liverpool transfer target Inaki Williams scores vs Reds for Athletic Bilbao
Liverpool face an extremely busy August thanks to their two-legged Champions League play-off against Hoffenheim . The friendly was held at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin and completed a good build-up to 2017/2018 for Liverpool .
Kalanick, the firm says, used Uber's board to secure his position at the company even after he stepped down as CEO.
The suit centers around the creation of three additional board seats at Uber in June 2016.
Recode reported last month that Kalanick was telling colleagues he was "Steve Jobs-ing" - planning to make a comeback at the company akin to the one the late Apple founder made toward the end of 1990s. According to a change voted on by shareholders in June 2016, the three extra board seats were to be appointed by Kalanick alone, and when he resigned as CEO, losing the CEO's designated seat on the board, he simply appointed himself to one of the three open seats, and the other two remain unfilled.
An Uber spokesman told the BBC it would not comment on the lawsuit. Uber has fired at least 20 employees as a result of that investigation. It's a surprising move by a venture capital firm, but it comes amid a constant stream of news about sexual harassment, gender discrimination, a lawsuit by Google Inc. self-driving vehicle unit Waymo Inc. charging that a former Google executive's self-driving truck startup Otto acquired by Uber involved stolen trade secrets, and other issues.
Investors from Benchmark led the charge in pressuring Kalanick to resign.
- Regional diplomats reject Venezuela's assembly
- Trump signs bill imposing sanctions on Russia, issues a statement with concerns
- Pennsylvania reports year's first human case of West Nile
- HBO hackers leak Game Of Thrones episode 5 script and demand ransom
- Arrested for Indecent Assault
- Avid skywatchers to see partial lunar eclipse tonight
- Latvia to see partial lunar eclipse next week
- Anti-Zuma Protesters March on National Assembly Ahead of No-Confidence Vote
- U.S. expresses willingness to cooperate with Russian Federation
- Oklahoma's Tax-Free Holiday This Weekend