The dramatic scene was captured on video released Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017, by Austin police.
Police in Austin, Texas, have released surveillance video showing a BMW plunging seven storeys from a downtown parking garage and striking another vehicle as it lands in an alley.
The impact of the crash sent the BMW bouncing off the back of the Tahoe before it comes to a rest on its roof. The BMW hits the rear of the Tahoe and rolls upside down.
"I can just imagine what she was thinking when I had said, 'a auto just landed on me, I gotta go, '" he said.
Hiroshima anniversary highlights contrasting nuclear views
Three days later, the USA dropped a second atomic bomb on another Japanese city, Nagasaki, effectively ending World War II. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called for global cooperation to end nuclear weapons .
The woman driving the BMW mistook the gas pedal for the brake, sending the vehicle flying off the roof deck, according to police. They say she hit the gas instead of the brake and plowed through the cable wires that form a barrier along the edge of the garage. Bystanders reportedly helped the driver until paramedics arrived. She was seriously injured in the crash.
Last September, 23-year-old William O'Connor's Toyota 4Runner fell from the garage's top level while O'Connor was on his way to nearby Gold's Gym.
A Texas woman has miraculously survived after driving her luxury sedan off the side of an Austin parking garage. There are plans to redesign the entire system.
- Man charged for throwing rifle into water used in deadly shooting
- HBO hackers leak Game Of Thrones episode 5 script and demand ransom
- Latvia to see partial lunar eclipse next week
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to go on sale from September 15
- Weekend is cooler and more comfortable
- Elon Musk: Tesla is not considering raising more equity at this point
- Anti-Zuma Protesters March on National Assembly Ahead of No-Confidence Vote
- Stock markets slip as North Korea tensions build
- President Elections: Venkaiah Naidu vs Gopalkrishna Gandhi
- Border Security is Important to Canada