A new video has been released today revealing more details about the new Apple iPhone 8 and specifically the colours the new smartphone is expected to be launched with, when Apple announces the iPhone 8 officially early next month. The latest tidbit to surface from the leak is that the iPhone 8 will rock a massive 5.8-inch screen. It doesn't look like Apple will be abandoning those users any time soon either, as reports this week claim that an upgraded iPhone SE 2 is on the way.
Now it's clear we don't have the official specs or confirmed design of the iPhone 8 yet, but we know enough to work out if it's worth waiting for - and just how different it's likely to be.
This release window makes sense, as the iPhone SE first launched in March 2016.
Major Uber investor sues former CEO Travis Kalanick for fraud
Kalanick, the firm says, used Uber's board to secure his position at the company even after he stepped down as CEO. The suit centers around the creation of three additional board seats at Uber in June 2016.
The capability was discovered by Guilherme Rambo, an iOS developer who found code suggesting the feature in the leaked HomePod software and has been tweeting other findings - including the discovery of facial recognition - over the past few weeks. The phone will support wireless charging, which explains the switch from metal to glass. It also has the glass back that rumors say will come on the device.
The screen of the iPhone 8 should also be better than the iPhone 7's.
The home screen is familiar to the one all iOS devices use now, with apps stacked at the top and a dock at the bottom.
Because it doesn't have any bezels, the iPhone 8 has a screen similar to that of the iPhone 7 Plus, despite being only slightly bigger than the normal iPhone 7. We're not sure if it's going to feature OLED tech, but in size terms it trumps Apple's previous handset.
- Stock markets slip as North Korea tensions build
- Trump Says US Will Meet North Korean Threats With 'Fire and Fury'
- Marijuana use linked with risk of death from hypertension, study says
- U.S. expresses willingness to cooperate with Russian Federation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to go on sale from September 15
- Pennsylvania reports year's first human case of West Nile
- Latvia to see partial lunar eclipse next week
- Border Security is Important to Canada
- Avid skywatchers to see partial lunar eclipse tonight
- Powerball winning numbers drawn, jackpot at $307M