Two men have pleaded not guilty for their suspected roles in the killing of a western Missouri police officer.
Investigators say they have found a rifle believed to have been used in last weekend's shooting death of a Clinton police officer. McCarthy's next appearance will be in October.
Officer Michael made a traffic stop on a vehicle for a registration violation. The suspect drove a few blocks before crashing the vehicle and fleeing on foot. Michael was able to return fire.
The driver reported seeing McCarthy walking along a state highway near Bucksaw Marina, just east of Clinton, and he was arrested without incident late Tuesday, Lowe said. His visitation was scheduled in Clinton Friday and the funeral will be Saturday.
William Noble, 35, has been charged with tampering with evidence in felony prosecution.
"Noble acted like he was visibly upset and faked crying", according to the affidavit.
The officer says: "I asked him why he was fake crying and he said he had sold the firearm to McCarthy". He said he did so because McCarthy was from out of state.
Britney Spears Rushed Off Stage Mid-Concert After Terrifying Incident
Upon hearing the commotion behind her, Spears then turns around to see several members of her security detail on-stage. Spears could be heard asking her team, "Is everything okay?" She was soon escorted from the stage by helpers.
In 2001, McCarthy was convicted for stabbing a minor in Manchester.
Noble told the officers he "panicked" when he returned home on Monday - the day after the shooting - and found the rifle leaning against an inside doorway, the statement said.
He's accused of throwing the rifle used in Michael's death into a body of water, where it was recovered.
Noble saw the safe was damaged, began acting "suspicious", and asked what type of gun was used in the murder. Lowe said McCarthy, 39, was suffering from a gunshot wound when a patrol trooper arrested him.
McCarthy didn't appear to have many friends in Clinton, according to his neighbors and landlord.
However, police say McCarthy then changed his story and admitted he purchased the firearm for McCarthy. He did not appear to have a job since arriving in Clinton about four years ago to visit a friend he met while playing video games on line.
- Anti-Zuma Protesters March on National Assembly Ahead of No-Confidence Vote
- Trump Says US Will Meet North Korean Threats With 'Fire and Fury'
- Hiroshima anniversary highlights contrasting nuclear views
- Major Uber investor sues former CEO Travis Kalanick for fraud
- READ: 50th ASEAN Foreign Ministers Meeting Joint Communique
- Latvia to see partial lunar eclipse next week
- President Elections: Venkaiah Naidu vs Gopalkrishna Gandhi
- Pennsylvania reports year's first human case of West Nile
- Weekend is cooler and more comfortable
- Vince Wilfork Announces His Retirement With Hilarious Ad