Despite being an observant Jew, Kristal had never celebrated his bar mitzvah - a traditional Jewish ceremony marking the transition when one must begin taking responsibility for their actions, usually celebrated at age 13.
Kristal's death on Friday came a year after he was recognised by Guinness World Records as the world's oldest living man.
The 1916 original celebration had not taken place because of the First World War.
Kristal was certified by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's oldest man a year ago, when he was 113.
Kristal is survived by many relatives
Kristal, who was born on September 15, 1903, was in the news past year for another reason. He later moved to Lodz to work in the family confectionery business.
Kristal was working for his uncle's confectionary business when the Nazis invaded Poland in 1939, marking the beginning of World War II. After surviving the war, he weighed just 81 pounds. "They had to think about a profession and about making a living".
"I don't know the secret for long life", Kristal once said, according to Guinness.
He remarried and has been survived by two children, nine grandchildren and 32 great-grandchildren, reports news site Ynet.
However he married again to Batsheva after the war and emigrated to Israel with his family in 1950. Shula Kupershtuch says: "He always saw only light and good in everything".
Ohio State Fair Ride Accident Cause Listed By Manufacturer
Authorities investigate the Fire Ball amusement ride after the ride malfunctioned injuring several people at the Ohio State Fair . The victim, Tyler Jarrell, died of blunt force trauma injuries after being tossed 50 feet into the air when the ride broke apart.
- Stock markets slip as North Korea tensions build
- Britney Spears Rushed Off Stage Mid-Concert After Terrifying Incident
- Anti-Zuma Protesters March on National Assembly Ahead of No-Confidence Vote
- U.S. expresses willingness to cooperate with Russian Federation
- Regional diplomats reject Venezuela's assembly
- Trump Says US Will Meet North Korean Threats With 'Fire and Fury'
- De Blasio wants to tax these New Yorkers to improve the MTA
- President Elections: Venkaiah Naidu vs Gopalkrishna Gandhi
- Border Security is Important to Canada
- Chelsea launch £25 million swoop for Arsenal wing-back