Now whenever a user searches for "clinical depression" on Google on mobile, they'll see a "Knowledge Panel" which will give them an option to check if they're clinically depressed via an online questionnaire. Since 2012, Google has been updating these cards to help the users.
Users searching for depression will be prompted to "check if you're clinically depressed". "When you Google 'depression" in the United States, you will see a box atop the results on mobile, which Google calls a Knowledge Panel".
The PHQ-9 questionnaire is anonymous and clinically validated to test a person's likely level of depression, though Nami warns it's "not meant to act as a singular tool for diagnosis". "The results of the PHQ-9 can help you have a more informed conversation with your doctor", according to a statement issued by Google from NAMI.
Although the condition is very common, only about half of those with depression actually receive clinical treatment.
Golf Fans Travel Great Distances for Solheim Cup
Team USA reached the necessary 14 points to retain when Angel Yin halved her match against Karine Icher at approximately 3:27 p.m. First, Cristie Kerr and Lexi Thompson defeated Georgia Hall and Catriona Matthew 4&2 with a devastating display of golf.
According to Forbes, Google's records reveal 5 percent of searches are related to health.
And it affects more than 15 million American adults (approximately 6.7 percent of the US adult population) each year.
The tool asks questions about a person's mood, energy level, feelings of hopelessness, and suicidal thoughts, among other symptoms.
Dr. Katy Kamkar, a psychologist with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) in Toronto, says the questionnaire can be useful in raising awareness of mental health. Once you do, scroll down until you see the info card and press on "Check if you're clinically depressed". Digital media now provides new ways to distribute information, and gather it, for youth and disenfranchised populations that may not have independent access to mental health resources.
- Leicester's Maguire among three uncapped players in England squad
- FC Barcelona v Real Betis 20 August 2017
- France And Austria Seek To Fight Labour Dumping In The EU
- This Is How You Can Watch Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Launch Event
- President Trump's approval rating now below 40 percent in Wisconsin
- KFC's New Employee Training Game Is A Sick VR Nightmare
- Shark Chomps on Paddleboard, Closing Cape Cod Beach
- Here's What's New With Android 8.0 Oreo
- Cleveland agrees to trade guard to Celtics
- Iraqi forces press into heart of IS-controlled Tal Afar