At least 62 flights have been cancelled and another 39 are expected to be cancelled on Sunday, according to officials. So far almost 400 flights have been preemptively grounded for Monday. A very small number of flights were expected to resume at Intercontinental by noon Monday, however, the airport authority is now saying that operations will be halted until further notice.
The airline has almost 500 flights a day out of Bush International Airport. The airline had to get the flights done before sundown because the airport doesn't have full power, CNN said.
United spokesman Charles Hobart said "we don't want people to come to the airport" while conditions remained unsafe, both at the airport and en route.
Supreme Court won't stop Florida man's execution
Prosecutors say Asay had hired McDowell, who was dressed as a woman, for sex and shot him six times after discovering his gender. Now the legal roadblocks have been cleared, attention will turn to the other 362 inmates on death row in Florida.
Spokesman Charles Hobart said United flew some aircraft into Houston on Sunday, bringing in employees and supplies.
Southwest did not immediately respond to a request for comment. On Sunday, the Federal Aviation Administration gave them the green light to begin sending rescue flights into Dallas, Texas.
Travel writer Joe Brancatelli said Monday, "The Hobby situation is worse, obviously, since they have runways under water". "Daily, year-round nonstop service to San Jose and Silicon Valley will provide a substantial benefit to our regional economy and will dramatically advance business recruitment, retention and expansion opportunities in our most important employment sectors". It was unclear how many others were stuck at the airport.
The post Houston's Main Airport Cancels Commercial Flights appeared first on Channels Television. Fliers should also consider airlines' flexible rebooking policies to move their flights to dates after the storm.
- No, We're Definitely Not Paying For Your Border Wall
- Resourceful Dog Walks Away With Bag Of Dog Food After Hurricane Harvey
- France And Austria Seek To Fight Labour Dumping In The EU
- Bill Nye sues Disney over Science Guy profits
- North Korea fires possible ballistic missile
- Trump Goes After Corker A Week After Senator Criticized White House
- Taylor Swift won't mention her bad blood with Katy Perry
- Triple talaq struck down
- Local hero Kirsty Gilmour edged out of World Championships
- Coastal residents watching potential tropical storm