Winterburn questioned whether a move to Arsenal's London rivals - or Liverpool, who have also been linked with the England worldwide - would allow Oxlade-Chamberlain to play in his preferred position, but believes that the midfielder is eager to leave anyway.
Liverpool have been linked with Oxlade-Chamberlain and the midfielder-cum-wing-back wants to move to Anfield.
After Arsene Wenger's failure to convince the 24-year-old to renew his contract, Arsenal are now being forced to sell the player who only has a year remaining on his deal.
Chelsea-bound midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has "had enough" at Arsenal but may find it hard to receive regular game-time at Stamford Bridge, according to former Gunners defender Nigel Winterburn.
Comparing the 24-year-old to another player Arsenal signed from Southampton, Theo Walcott, Pearce feels Oxlade-Chamberlain has enough time on his side to benefit from a move away from north London - something which Walcott can not do.
Resourceful Dog Walks Away With Bag Of Dog Food After Hurricane Harvey
It was not until Saturday morning that the Texas grandpa realized the bag of dog food was also missing from his porch. Salvador Segovia drove around the neighborhood searching for Otis, but still had no luck finding the German shepherd.
But, a constant shuffling of positions and injury troubles at Arsenal have seen the player make little progress in his career. At Chelsea, he might have to compete with Victor Moses for a go at right wing-back.
He's lightning, while Mane has been Liverpool's most important player. "I think we invested a lot of time, confidence and money on players like Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who we bought at a young age", he said.
There is real disillusionment and disappointment among players who believed changes were coming this season.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has made 198 appearances for the Gunners since joining them from Southampton in August 2011.
- Houston Airports Closed following Tropical Storm Harvey
- President Trump Pardons Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Gloves come off in German election battle
- Local hero Kirsty Gilmour edged out of World Championships
- Barcelona attack: German woman dies in hospital, bringing death toll to 16
- Gorka Follows Bannon Out of the White House
- Microsoft Is No Longer Selling The Original Xbox One
- North Korea fires possible ballistic missile
- Rohingya group voices concern over Rakhine attacks
- Man with knife shot dead after attacking soldiers in Brussels