It sounds like accessing one or the other will be fairly simple regardless of the devices you're using. a On Windows 10 device, you simply need to say "Cortana, open Alexa", while "Alexa, open Cortana", will suffice on Echo devices.
HomePod will take Amazon Echo and Google Home, which have been building momentum in the market for voice-controlled speakers capable of controlling smart appliances, fetching content from the internet and more.
Alexa and Cortana users will soon be able to access the tools available to each assistant through one device, but some users may be turned off by having to summon Cortana as an app on Alexa and vice versa.
Jeff Bezos adds, "The world is big and so multifaceted". Nadella echoed a similar sentiment, stating that both companies will hopefully be inspired by Microsoft's partnership with Amazon. Senior vice president of Amazon devices, Dave Limp has emphasized on the significance of collaboration between key artificial intelligence helpers in the previous month.
No, We're Definitely Not Paying For Your Border Wall
He also suggested he would follow through on previous threats to pull the USA out of the trade pact he called the "worst deal ever made".
With Alexa as a guest on Cortana, Cortana users will now have another way of making their lives easier with a great shopping experience.
With Cortana as a guest on Alexa, Alexa users will have access to some of Cortana's most useful productivity capabilities that help people stay organized and on top of what's important to them. Via work the two vendors are undertaking, Alexa users will be able to take advantage of these kinds of Outlook reminders. Alexa can control smart devices in the home, shop on Amazon, and has more than 20,000 skills provided by third-party developers.
Even so, it still seems unusual that these two will partner up. However, Amazon and Microsoft are both open to it. Google, of course, has Google Assistant built into the Google Home speaker as well as select Android phones. Apple arguably kickstarted it all with Siri back in 2011, while Google and Samsung also compete in the space.
Amazon says that multi-room audio is supported for Amazon Music, TuneIn, iHeartRadio, and Pandora to start.
- Canadian runners share tributes to David Torrence after sudden death
- Kushner's explanation why Israel needs to build settlements sucks so much ass
- Bangladesh claim first ever Test victory against Australia
- Chelsea loan out Boga as Oxlade-Chamberlain talk builds
- I will come back stronger, vows Angelique Kerber
- India vs Sri Lanka 2017: 3rd ODI, 5 talking points
- ACLU files lawsuit against Donald Trump's trans military ban
- Yankees, Tigers brawl after Miguel Cabrera hit by pitch
- Chris Wood scores on Burnley debut to earn draw
- Barcelona attack: German woman dies in hospital, bringing death toll to 16