Just a day after star running back Jordan Scarlett met with reporters and said he was prepared for Florida to "put this game on my back", the team announced Wednesday that he and wide receiver Rick Wells have been suspended from team activities.
Wells is a redshirt freshman receiver who did not play past year. That brings to 10 the total number of Florida players suspended for Saturday's game in Arlington, Texas. Of the 10, Callaway, Scarlett and backup defensive end Keivonnis Davis were the only ones who would've seen appreciable time against MI.
The football players in Gainesville can't seem to stay out of trouble.
The Gators might be in trouble against MI with another receiver out - Robinson would have replaced Callaway (already suspended) in the season opener.
Gloves come off in German election battle
Her Christian Democrats (CDU) now has a 13-per-cent-point electoral lead on their main challenger, the Social Democrats ( SPD ). With Federal elections to be held next month, Mrs.
The No. 17 Gators now will face the No. 11 Wolverines without their leading returning receiver, Callaway, and rusher, Scarlett, who ran for 889 yards in 2016.
According to the Associated Press' Mark Long, Scarlett and Wells are suspended for the same reasons as the prior seven suspensions, misuse of school-appropriated scholarship funds.
ESPN.com's Edward Aschoff reported the suspensions were due to players "making improper charges on their student IDs at the school bookstore and then selling those items for cash". Callaway caught 54 passes for 721 yards and three TDs.
Desir-Jones saw playing time in two games last season on the offensive line, but switched to defensive line this season. He previously was suspended for hsi involvement in BB gun incident with receiver Tyrie Cleveland. Miller, Houston, and Smith are freshmen, but Davis earned five starts last season.
- Chelsea loan out Boga as Oxlade-Chamberlain talk builds
- United States indictment against Erdoğan's security detail outside Turkish embassy 'purely political': MFA
- India vs Sri Lanka 2017: 3rd ODI, 5 talking points
- Coastal residents watching potential tropical storm
- Merkel: Europe still 'hasn't done homework' on refugees
- Amazon Alexa and Microsoft Cortana team up to take on Google
- North Korea fires possible ballistic missile
- Microsoft Is No Longer Selling The Original Xbox One
- Chris Wood scores on Burnley debut to earn draw
- Joel Osteen opens church to storm victims after social media outrage