Iranians and Qataris are among the more than 1.7 million Muslims gathered in the holy city of Mecca for the Hajj pilgrimage, even though the governments in Tehran and Doha are at odds with Saudi Arabia.
Qatar turned to other exporters like Turkey, Iran and Morocco to fill gaps in its food imports and the construction material needed to build infrastructure for soccer's World Cup in 2022, set to take place there.
Stressing Moscow's support for the Kuwaiti mediation, Lavrov voiced Russia's keenness on a unified and strong Gulf Cooperation Council, noting that there is no need for new problems in the region. Lavrov also met with the Emir Tamim Bin Hamad Al-Tani and they both agreed that the strengthening of trade and economic ties between the two sides was of great importance.
President Donald Trump is urging the countries embroiled in a regional dispute with Qatar to find a diplomatic resolution.
Joel Osteen opens church to storm victims after social media outrage
Lakewood opened to the public Tuesday had has since taken in "hundreds" of Harvey evacuees and donations, the pastor said . We will continue to be a distribution center for those in need", he said in a statement to ABC News .
Oil rich Qatar has sought legal redress owing to the ongoing blockade with plans to demand for compensation for losses incurred by the crisis championed by four Arab countries led by Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The White House said Trump discussed the issue on Wednesday in a telephone conversation with Saudi Arabia's King Salman.
In early June, Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates announced their breaking off of diplomatic relations with Qatar, accusing Doha of supporting terrorist organizations and destabilizing the situation in the Middle East.
King Salman and President Trump also discussed Hurricane Harvey, which has ravaged Texas this week.
- United States indictment against Erdoğan's security detail outside Turkish embassy 'purely political': MFA
- Merkel: Europe still 'hasn't done homework' on refugees
- Ex-White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer Finally Meets Pope Francis
- Microsoft Is No Longer Selling The Original Xbox One
- Canadian runners share tributes to David Torrence after sudden death
- Agrees to Private Interview With Senate Judiciary Committee
- Google announces ARCore, its answer to Apple's ARKit
- Rodgers Supports Colin Kaepernick: "He Should Be On A Roster"
- Gloves come off in German election battle
- Houston Airports Closed following Tropical Storm Harvey