XAutoplay: On | OffAhead of the December 15 release of "The Last Jedi, "Disney's (DIS) second-ever "Force Friday" event, comes complete with midnight store openings and never-before-seen toys and products, much like its predecessor two years ago".
Disney's three-day event - which commemorates the release of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi" - will allow fans to see TIE Fighters and a Star Destroyer through a free cellphone app if they are within a mile of one of 20 landmarks worldwide.
There aren't any other concrete details, so make of the picture what you will. Not only that, but BB-9E's head lights up, which isn't the case for the BB-8 toy. R2-D2 will retail for $179, while BB-9E will sell for $149.
Writer and director of The Last Jedi Rian Johnson took to Twitter to assure Star Wars enthusiasts that the incoming tie-in products for the movie don't contain plot spoilers of any kind. The new toys also include a special tray through which owners can practice driving them around and explore an AR experience that shows off new ships from the movies. "A lot of our data suggests R2 is everyone's favourite but we know that a lot of the newer fans are going to love BB-9E".
Luke changed, I think, more than the other characters in the original trilogy, from callow farm boy to a Jedi in training to finally a Jedi master. Soon-to-be-favorites such as Rose, BB-9E, and the adorable Porgs will also be available. Until then, fans would do best to halt their plot-avoiding (or plot-seeking, if they're actually searching for spoiler-y information) behaviors and rest easy.
If you're already in love with either toy or both, you won't have to wait long to get one.
Florida suspends Jordan Scarlett and Rick Wells
Desir-Jones saw playing time in two games last season on the offensive line, but switched to defensive line this season. That brings to 10 the total number of Florida players suspended for Saturday's game in Arlington, Texas.
- ACLU files lawsuit against Donald Trump's trans military ban
- '12 champ Murray out of US Open; long list of injured men
- FDA approves first-ever gene therapy treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Amazon Alexa and Microsoft Cortana team up to take on Google
- Blame Harvey or Canada, but we'll likely have rain this weekend
- Agrees to Private Interview With Senate Judiciary Committee
- Rodgers Supports Colin Kaepernick: "He Should Be On A Roster"
- Apple (AAPL) Stock Soars To All-Time High Ahead Of September Launch Event
- Merkel: Europe still 'hasn't done homework' on refugees
- Canadian runners share tributes to David Torrence after sudden death