Kane scored his first goals of the season with his double - putting his August drought firmly behind him. Moments after a scare when Andre Schembri's half volley whistled just wide of Hart's far post, the breakthrough thankfully came seven minutes into the second half with Dele Alli driving into the box, looking for room to shoot before sliding the ball inside to Kane who drilled home.
The game went into its final 5 regulation minutes, where the Brit began to score more goals.
Next Monday it will play another game with Scotland.
"When a team defend in so many numbers as Malta did, and defend as resiliently as they did, it's hard to advance up the pitch, hard to find any space within the penalty area".
Job done for Gareth Southgate's England, and a decent scoreline, but their performance until scoring three goals in the last six minutes might be of concern.
Kane, who was joined on the scoresheet by Ryan Bertrand and Danny Welbeck, passionately rejected the suggestion that the struggle to break down a side ranked 190th in the world reflected badly on the heart or desire in the squad.
Georgia vs Republic of Ireland Match updates
And so it proved with Georgia having 74% of the possession in a game were Ireland often looked laboured, bereft of ideas, and, in truth, lucky to escape Tbilisi with a point thanks to Shane Duffy's goal.
Hogg had to be alert to deny Raheem Sterling a shooting opportunity in the opening seconds, while the London-born goalkeeper also showed impressive reactions to turn away a firm header from Kane.
He has hit the woodwork this term but has yet to find the net in matches against Newcastle, Chelsea and Burnley and is glad to be turning the calendar page for England's World Cup qualifier.
"Whenever you come away - games like this - it's never going to be easy from the start", he said.
Marcus Rashford was introduced at half-time to replace Sterling whose early miss set the tone for his frustrating evening. Their two point advantage over Slovakia is a touch precarious as a win for the visitors would raise the prospect of Southgate's side being forced into a play-off to reach Russian Federation 2018.
Kane, however, defended the 46-year-old's tactics. In the last five matches of England in World Cup Qualifying UEFA and International Friendly, they have won one match, lost two matches and the other two matches ended in a draw.
"But part of keeping the ball is tiring the opposition and your goals end up coming late".
- Dele Alli has been involved in just two goals in his last 10 worldwide appearances, however both have come against Malta (one goal, one assist).
- Saudi Arabia reports 30 per cent increase in Hajj pilgrims from Qatar
- Next stop Earth for NASA's space champ
- Win one of 10 Star Wars Captain Phasma books
- Merkel: Europe still 'hasn't done homework' on refugees
- Rosy GDP report sets stage for strong second-half growth
- Agrees to Private Interview With Senate Judiciary Committee
- USC's Blind Long-Snapper, Jake Olson, Gets The Extra Point
- Bachelor in Paradise's Corinne Olympios Apologizes To DeMario Jackson
- Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss Still 'Good Friends,' Despite Music Video Snub
- United States gasoline in first slide since Harvey, oil under pressure