The 44-person medical team will join 36 current Nebraska National Guard crew members now working in relief efforts.
The members of the 179th Infantry Regiment and the 45th Infantry Brigade Combat Team were packed and ready to go to Austin. It is sending troops and helicopters to southeast Texas.
"Our Guardsmen have joined efforts with numerous other states to serve our fellow citizens in Texas", said Pennsylvania Adjutant General Major General Tony Carrelli.
The Chinooks have a hoist that can be used for rescue missions if necessary, but "our job is cargo", Nebraska Army National Guard Chief Warrant Officer Dallas Bundy said.
United States To Withdraw Free Trade Deal With South Korea
Tensions on the Korean Peninsula are at their highest point in years after a series of missile tests by Pyongyang. However, Trump said after the latest missile test that negotiations with Pyongyang were "not the answer".
Eleven Iowa National Guard soldiers and two helicopters are heading to Houston today to aide in hurricane recovery efforts. Hutchinson's office says the guardsmen will leave on Saturday and the deployment could be up to 30 days.
"The soldiers will join Guardsmen from across the nation who are being activated in response to Hurricane Harvey", the Guard's statement reads. The National Guard took over a private airport in Brookshire, where they are preparing 8,000 pounds of supplies.
"It's been very rewarding to know we're helping our own people in their time of need", he said.
- Rohingya die after boat carrying them capsizes in Bangladesh
- US, UK and 22 other envoys laud Supreme Court decision
- Trump expected to announce end to Obama-era DACA, official says
- Boats carrying fleeing Rohingya sink in Bangladesh; 26 dead
- Blame Harvey or Canada, but we'll likely have rain this weekend
- Agrees to Private Interview With Senate Judiciary Committee
- Georgia vs Republic of Ireland Match updates
- USC's Blind Long-Snapper, Jake Olson, Gets The Extra Point
- Coroner reveals cause of death in Temple student's slaying
- Houston residents flee Harvey floodwaters for safety at convention centre