"Jasprit has been our most effective short-format bowler in the last 18 months", Kohli said. "That's not something that you aim for but obviously he's a great player and as batsmen we all respect what these legends have done", said Kohli in the post-match press conference. "That is something we wanted to address before this series, we wanted to be relentless", he told the media after the series at the Premadasa Stadium.
In amid of ongoing series between India and Sri lanka, Virat Kohli-led team India got surprised when a couple of girls rushed towards them with water bottles and napkins during drinks break.
"The youngsters and the spunk on the field has worked for us".
The 28-year-old Kohli, who was part of India's World Cup winning team in 2011, wants to have an "X factor" in the bowling line-up at the quadrennial showpiece event.
Kohli and Manish Pandey (36) and Jadhav joined in creating crucial partnerships which eventually sealed the match and series 5-0.
Bachelor in Paradise's Corinne Olympios Apologizes To DeMario Jackson
But I was also on a medication that severely blacks you out and impairs your judgment and messes with your balance. What's more , it's hard to imagine a motivation for doing so beyond stretching out the drama for ratings.
After being rested for the West Indies, Rohit continued from where he left off in the Champions Trophy and showed that while he may not have a great record in Sri Lanka, that was just a quirk of the record books as he showed just why he is one of the best limited-pvers openers in the world now.
Meanwhile, former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni became the first wicketkeeper to collect 100 ODI stumpings, surpassing Sri Lanka's retired captain Kumar Sangakkara. And, after the Test series whitewash, a cleansweep in the one-dayers is looming over their heads. We were not consistent, but only these players can get out of this.
Virat Kohli has played yet another masterful innings against Sri Lanka in the fifth ODI against Sri Lanka. He is now just only behind Sachin Tendulkar (49 ODI tons).
Upul Tharanga (48, 34b, 9×4) played a flier at the start but his partner Niroshan Dickwella (two) fell early.
Sri Lanka failed to kick-on after Mathews and Thirimanne's record stand.
- Next stop Earth for NASA's space champ
- US, UK and 22 other envoys laud Supreme Court decision
- FDA approves first-ever gene therapy treatment for acute lymphoblastic leukemia
- Win one of 10 Star Wars Captain Phasma books
- Houston residents flee Harvey floodwaters for safety at convention centre
- Springsteen on Broadway Extended 10 Weeks
- What do you know about the gifts for the Muslim feast 'Eid'?
- USC's Blind Long-Snapper, Jake Olson, Gets The Extra Point
- 'Been a great ride' as Sharapova exits US Open
- Rohingya die after boat carrying them capsizes in Bangladesh