"BJP doesn't have a problem", he said while speaking a news channel after assuming charge of the Tourism Ministry on Monday while replying to a question on the issue.
With the cabinet lacking any representation from Kerala at the present, Kannanthanam induction is part of BJP's plans to make inroads into Kerala and reach out to the state's Christian minority. "Alphons" elevation signals more worries are in store for the warring factions in the BJP state leadership. The central leadership doesn't care about the opinion or suggestion of the state leaders. Kannanthanam was never been a choice of the party state president Kummanam Rajasekharan or that of any of the warring factions in the party.
"It's a big responsibility and incredible job to be done", he said. He said that the clean image of the former IAS officer will add to the corruption-free administration offered by the Modi government.
"We are happy that Kannanthanam was chosen for the ministerial berth".
Special Counsel Has Draft of Letter Trump Wrote to Fire Comey
One of these aides said Comey wrote a draft statement about the outcome of the Clinton investigation in May 2016. Trump is elected President, defeating Clinton by winning 304 electoral college votes to her 227.
But the state BJP leadership put up a fearless face on Sunday. But again, the attempts by Amit Shah to woo the church comes as another blow to the BJP and Sangh Parivar forces in Kerala. There was no consultation with the state unit when Suresh Gopi was nominated to the Rajya Sabha.
Apart from the charge of the ministry of electronics and IT, Kannanthanam has also been appointed as minister of State (Independent Charge) of the Ministry of Tourism.
Two other new faces are Ashwini Kumar Choubey, a member of the Lok Sabha from Bihar, and Shiv Pratap Shukla from Uttar Pradesh.All the new ministers are from the BJP as its allies were not part of the exercise.Six ministers of the Union Cabinet had put in their papers, days ahead of the reshuffle.
By showing the party as being open, even if selectively, to people's choice of what they wish to eat and letting ministers assert this in media interactions, could the BJP be eyeing an image-makeover that will ultimately make it more acceptable in areas where it now is seen as a political pariah? "Kannanthanam will be able to give wings to the dreams of Kerala".
- Springsteen on Broadway Extended 10 Weeks
- North Korea conducts test of a hydrogen bomb meant for an ICBM
- Blame Harvey or Canada, but we'll likely have rain this weekend
- Rosy GDP report sets stage for strong second-half growth
- 'Been a great ride' as Sharapova exits US Open
- United States gasoline in first slide since Harvey, oil under pressure
- Members of Ind. National Guard deployed for Harvey relief
- Boats carrying fleeing Rohingya sink in Bangladesh; 26 dead
- FSU's Deondre Francois suffers late leg injury vs Alabama; severity unknown
- US, UK and 22 other envoys laud Supreme Court decision