Why was the score this "close?". Cincy cuts UM lead to 17-14.
A lot of the mistakes were self-inflicted.
Freshman receiver Donovan Peoples-Jones also recorded his first carry, taking an end-around 44-yards in the first half. A bobbled snap by Speight on first-and-goal led to a field goal, instead of a touchdown.
Michigan's next two possessions accumulated 7 yards on nine plays.
Not that the Bearcats didn't help.
Robert Jacobson, 49, of Mt. Clemens, has been bringing his father, Robert Jacobson Senior, to a University of MI home game for the past eight years to celebrate his birthday. Jerron Rollins contributed 18 yards in two receptions. This defense has looked really good in these two games and so far has outplayed Michigan's offense.
What needs to be fixed?.
Sri Lanka has pride to play for
Kohli and Manish Pandey (36) and Jadhav joined in creating crucial partnerships which eventually sealed the match and series 5-0. However, Lahiru Thirimanne (67) and Angelo Mathews (55) upped the ante and shared a 122 runs stand between them.
MI finally got on track again late in the third quarter offensively, mounting an 80-yard drive and taking a 24-14 lead with 3:01 left in the third quarter on a 33-yard touchdown pass from Speight to junior wideout Grant Perry. He went 11 for 25 last week running for 181 yards and one touchdown with the two picks.
The eighth-ranked Wolverines are now 2-0 and relied on a heavy presence from its defense for the second straight week. MI hasn't answered that question yet.
The Wolverines can still bank on a nasty defense that produced two more defensive scores: one on Tyree Kinnell's 28-yard interception return in the first quarter and the second Lavert Hill's touchdown pick-six with 4:21 remaining.
MI is coming off a 33-17 win over Florida last Saturday. It is also only the second time MI has had two interceptions for a touchdown in one game since 2000, according to ESPN stats and info.
Ty Isaac has emerged as a power back. After rushing for 114 yards on just 11 carries against Florida last week he totaled 133 yards on 20 carries Saturday, though he didn't find the end zone. All of those defenses will likely present a bigger challenge than Cincinnati, and a couple of those offenses - namely Penn State - will really test this MI defense.
Air Force will offer a unique challenge for MI in Week 3.
- Facebook Meets the Danger of Automation: Russian Political Ads
- FSU's Deondre Francois suffers late leg injury vs Alabama; severity unknown
- Isaiah Thomas' letter to Boston will give you all the feels
- India signs 11 agreements with Myanmar to bolster ties
- Someone finally found a use for an Apple Watch
- Petra Kvitova no longer surprising herself after US Open win
- Members of Ind. National Guard deployed for Harvey relief
- Destiny 2: What to Expect from the First Month
- Fed Vice Chairman Fischer to resign for personal reasons
- United States To Withdraw Free Trade Deal With South Korea