"Mariners should submit a voyage plan with family and/or friends, ensure they have the proper safety equipment, with (personal floatation devices) for everyone aboard and flares", Coast Guard Cmdr.
As of Friday, there were six search and rescue missions.
The Guard members who left Friday make up about 10 percent of the force at Moffett Field, so there are still about 900 left in case help is needed for a local disaster of our own.
Hurricane Irma, a monster storm packing winds up to 150 miles per hour, was hovering this week over Caribbean islands as Florida National Guard members began preparing for a possible hit and residents started evacuating.
Members of Ind. National Guard deployed for Harvey relief
Eleven Iowa National Guard soldiers and two helicopters are heading to Houston today to aide in hurricane recovery efforts. The 44-person medical team will join 36 current Nebraska National Guard crew members now working in relief efforts.
Kentucky Air National Guard members from the 123rd Special Tactics Squadron also deployed.
One CH-47 Chinook helicopter, with eight air and ground crew personnel, are scheduled to depart on Monday morning from the Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Mt. Clemens, Mich.
The Coast Guard and National Guard are "all rested and re-fit and ready to come back into the fight", Bossert said at the daily White House press briefing. "We have made significant progress on our ports since Hurricane Irma passed, but the Port of St. Thomas was impacted severely".
The 105th Airlift Wing, which is based at Stewart Air National Base outside Newburgh, N.Y, committed 12 Airmen to the Caribbean mission. Cuomo also deployed Task Force 2, a specialized team of first responders and equipment skilled in structural collapse rescue, excavation emergencies, technical rope rescues, confined space rescue, and other specialized rescues to Florida.
- Mattis says he and Trump are on same page regarding North Korea
- Facebook Meets the Danger of Automation: Russian Political Ads
- Cincinnati falls to MI 36-14
- Kerala BJP president Kummanam Rajasekharan rise vexes
- Rare Phenomenon As Irma Literally Sucks The Water Away From The Shoreline
- India signs 11 agreements with Myanmar to bolster ties
- Isaiah Thomas' letter to Boston will give you all the feels
- Richland County Opening Shelter, County Offices Closed Monday
- FSU's Deondre Francois suffers late leg injury vs Alabama; severity unknown
- Tropical Storm Katia forms in Gulf of Mexico