During six decades of his acting career, Stanton secured tiny roles in a number of TV shows, like The Adventures of Rin Tin Tin, Man with a Camera, Alice, Big Love, Mongo Wrestling Alliance, Getting On and Twin Peaks.
Born in Kentucky, he served in the Navy in World War II and fought in the Battle of Okinawa. He left university to study acting at the Pasadena Playhouse, which boasts alumni such as Gene Hackman and Dustin Hoffman. In an interview with Entertainment Weekly, Stanton said that he had received one of most important tips of her career of Jack Nicholson.
It may not have mattered to him, but the rest of us will remember Harry Dean Stanton as a singular presence on-screen. But it was the 1970s that brought him an influx of film roles and took him away from television for almost the entire decade.
"I worked with the best chiefs", Stanton told the AP in a 2013 meeting, given while chain-smoking in night wear and a robe. Plus, he also appeared in the likes of The Intruders, Cisco Pike, Zandy's Bride and Win, Place or Steal.
Patty Jenkins Officially Seals The Deal To Direct 'Wonder Woman' Sequel
The full blooper reel is included in the " Wonder Woman " DVD extras, which comes out on Tuesday, Sept. 19. It's great news for Hollywood , with Jenkins breaking the glass ceiling for female directors.
It wasn't until 1979 that Harry Dean Stanton would get one of his most recognizable roles in cinema as the Nostromo crew member Brett in Ridley Scott's Alien. Stanton joked that roles most successful Hopper had been declined by him (Blue Velvet and Hoosiers). "Impossible to cover his legacy in brief but here's a few favs: "Alien", "Paris Texas", "Repo Man"," in his tribute to the late great actor.
Notably, in 1984 Stanton was given a leading role in Wim Wenders' Paris, Texas.
David Lynch, was filmed in the cult series Twin Peaks, in Sailor and Lula, and A true story, was one of the first to pay homage to one of its performers with a fetish.
Not many actors can disappear into a character quite like Stanton could.
Stanton was also nearly always cast as a crook, a codger, an eccentric or a loser.
This year's festival is slated for later this month and will show "Lucky", where Stanton plays the titular role alongside Lynch.
Stanton amassed almost 200 acting credits, according to the Internet Movie Database.
- Tillerson Admits Difficulty of UN Agreement on N. Korean Oil Embargo
- Eight die at nursing home that had poor record with state regulators
- EIA Predicts Record For US Crude Production Despite Harvey
- Coordinated IS attack in Iraq kills 50
- Take that Trump! California will be 'Sanctuary State'
- Ankara backs Iraqi parliament's rejection of Kurdish referendum
- Mino Raiola suggests that Paulo Dybala could one day play for Chelsea
- Canelo Alvarez vs Gennady Golovkin fight time and where to watch it
- Cops Let Suspect Speak at Appeal for Missing Teacher
- Al-Ahmed welcomes Hamas's decision to dissolve Gaza administrative committee