Home Eagles of Nigeria captain Ikechukwu Ezenwa was voted the best goalkeeper of the 2017 West Africa Football Union (WAFU Cup) in Ghana despite conceding four goals in the final on Sunday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.
From one of such raids in the Nigeria defence, rasta-haired Sarfo capitalised on a loose ball around the visitors 18-yard box and unleashed a grounder which went straight into the net for Ghana's imminent opener on the 43rd minute.
But the humiliation was not over for Nigeria as Winful Cobbinah scored a fourth goal for rampant Ghana three minutes into stoppage time.
Nigeria assistant coach Salisu Yusuf, who was in charge of the team in Ghana, said the WAFU tournament had given him an idea of his team for CHAN.
Stars Return - How Arsenal Could Line up vs West Brom
The Northern Ireland global helped them to a respectable 10th-placed finish in the Premier League last season. The former England man had the option of staying at Goodison Park, but did not want his career to peter out.
Nigeria pulled a consolation goal in added time as Rabiu Ali ideal inched free kick beat Ghana's Joseph Addo at his near post.
With the clock ticking for the end of the first half, Stephen Sarfo fired Ghana in front with a thunderous strike from the edge of the box. Vincent Atingah stepped up for the Ghanaians and doubled their lead with a well-placed spot-kick.
"The Super Eagles have become used to winning, from winning the CHAN ticket to conquering Sierra Leone and even Ghana here to reach the final, and we can not stop now".
Having earlier defeated the Black Stars 2-0 their last group game, the Nigerians had been expected to give the hosts a good run for their money but close contest but it turned out to be a rout as the stars run away as 4-1 victors. Isaac Asiamah, "money is not our main motivation here, we are professionals and this is also a chance to build on our career, if anyone wins a contract with teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid and Manchester United, you the player would benefit so we have the self motivation to win for ourselves too".
- Underground attack investigation continues in London
- North Korea hints it could test hydrogen bomb in Pacific
- Anthony Weiner Is Going to Prison
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Makes Emmys History, Hints at Trump's Impeachment During Speech!
- On Aung San Suu Kyi
- Fun squeezed out of struggling Toys 'R' Us
- United Kingdom interest rate increase gradual, with "appropriate withdrawal of monetary stimulus"
- Erdogan's speech interrupted twice in United States by protesters
- Target Is Raising Its Minimum Pay To $11 An Hour In October
- UNGA: Iran Replies Trump, 'Your Hate Speech Belongs In Medieval Times'