Stokes, 26, was arrested on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm and video footage emerged which allegedly showed him in a brawl in the early hours of Monday. "Knowing him a little bit, as I do, I would have no problems about him going over there and still being able to perform and having a massive impact for that England team", commented Toby Roland-Jones according to BBC Five Live.
The incident, which occurred at 2.35am in the Clifton area of the city, led to Stokes being detained overnight before being released without charge pending further investigations.
The Sun newspaper published footage of what it said was a brawl between the player and two other people, one clutching a bottle.
The statement added: "These decisions, fully supported by European Central Bank chairman Colin Graves, were made following the release of footage viewed by European Central Bank for the first time on Wednesday night".
Stokes has been suspended indefinitely and will not be under selection consideration until the investigation is over.Читайте также: UKIP chooses Henry Bolton as new party leader
England have one more worldwide fixture - the fifth ODI against West Indies in Southampton on Friday - before they are due to travel to Australia on October 28. Hales was not named in the Ashes squad.
England's squad contained three uncapped players in 23-year-old Somerset fast bowler Craig Overton, 20-year-old Hampshire leg-spinner Mason Crane, who will provide spin support to Moeen Ali, and Surrey wicket-keeper Ben Foakes, 24, included as cover for first-choice gloveman Jonny Bairstow.
Stokes and Alex Hales are missing the social trip to the Netherlands as they are due in for further police questioning in the coming days.
And even if he does make it onto the plane to the Ashes, Stokes can expect a tough time both on and off the field, as Roland-Jones conceded. "They may be subject to disciplinary proceedings including Ben", explained Strauss, the last England captain to win the Ashes in Australia in 2010/11.
Former Australian captain Allan Border too echoed Chappell sentiments and believes the series will lack intensity if England miss the services of Stokes.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- With Angela Merkel, Germans win a small victory for decency
- Republican governor signs bill allowing Medicaid coverage for abortions
- Principal Threatens To Punish Students Who Take A Knee Amid NFL Protests
- CDU election setback threatens Merkel's prestige on the world stage
- Ikea buys on-demand services site TaskRabbit
- Shelby County Schools Statement On Students Kneeling During Anthem
- Kurdish unilateral independence and a deadly impasse
- Abortion Access bill wins thanks to Rauner but causes backlash
- What the Big Jolt to Germany's Merkel Means to US, Russia, Greece
- BAE Systems PLC (BAESY) Raised to Hold at Zacks Investment Research