The Jammu and Kashmir Police on Tuesday said that the Border Security Force (BSF) repulsed immediately and effectively after three terrorists attacked their base near the Srinagar airport this morning.
Talking to media after the encounter, Jammu and Kashmir state director general of police SP Vaid said all three militants who had sneaked into the BSF camp had been "neutralised".
Indian forces' personnel have sealed all the routes leading to the airport while flights have been suspended. The training centres of BSF and CRPF are also located in the area.
The operation against the fighters continued into the afternoon as hundreds of police, paramilitary and army personnel surrounded the area.
One of the three "fidayeen" was gunned down at the main gate while two others managed to enter barrack number 07 of the camp and then moved to other buildings, the sources said. The operation could have been finished much earlier had we used aerial weapons.
However, IGP Kashmir Munir Khan said security forces were looking for six to seven terrorists."We need to neutralise them very fast", he added.Читайте также: Macklemore gay anthem Same Love tops Australian charts after homophobic censorship demands
It was reported that the attack took place at around 4.00 a.m. where it leads to the exchange of firing between the terrorists and security forces.
Eyewitnesses said there were at least three armed attackers.
He said the days of "lip service and strong condemnation" were over and asked the Modi government to lay down a roadmap to deal with Pakistan-sponsored terrorism.
#6:25 AM: Sources say that the security forces are engaged in a gunfight with the terrorists.
Tuesday's attack came hours before an Indian soldier was killed by Pakistani fire on the de facto Kashmiri border in the mountainous Poonch district southwest of Srinagar. "Such attack will keep on happening as long as militancy is there and Pakistan is our neighbour", he said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Judge: Black Lives Matter Can't Be Sued
- Louisiana Judge Rules Cop Cannot Sue Black Lives Matter
- Redrow plc (LON:RDW) Receives Buy Rating from Peel Hunt
- Apple investigating claims that iPhone 8 splits during charging
- Marilyn Manson cancels nine shows after being injured by falling stage prop
- Europa League: Theo Walcott inspires Arsenal victory at Bate Borisov
- San Juan mayor pleads for better federal response: 'People are dying'
- Nigel Farage Tells LBC New Leader Henry Bolton Gives Ukip "Hope"
- Google admits citing 4chan to spread fake Vegas shooter news
- The Analysts Set SEGRO plc (SGRO) PT at $480.50