Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers recorded its eponymous debut in 1976, an album that included two songs that became core songs in the rock "n" roll canon: "Breakdown" and "American Girl".
Tom Petty has left a massive hole in the music industry, and will be missed by both musicians and fans around the world.
Petty and his longtime band, The Heartbreakers, had recently finished their 40th anniversary tour, which brought them to PPG Paints Arena in June.
UPDATED 10/2/17 5:05 p.m. ET: The Los Angeles Police Department have released a statement via Twitter explaining they have "no information about the passing of singer Tom Petty" and no investigative role in the incident.
Petty's music career spanned more than 40 years.
Marilyn Manson cancels nine shows after being injured by falling stage prop
Singer Marilyn Manson has canceled his performance at The Rave in Milwaukee after getting injured on stage during a show in NY . Manson, real name Brian Warner, had only kicked off his Heaven Upside Down Tour in Maryland on Wednesday (September 27).
On Tuesday, he told 41 Action News that he still finds time to play his favorite Petty tracks. "I think anybody should be able to pick up an instrument and jump around".
She also revealed that Petty's Heartbreakers bandmates arrived at the hospital before his death, calling them the "sweetest, coolest people". In a clip available on YouTube, Petty meets with Avraham Rosenblum, leader of a Hasidic band called the Diaspora Yeshiva Band that blended rock and bluegrass with religious lyrics.
"It's alright if you love me, it's alright if you don't..."
Unlike most of his contemporaries, Petty didn't talk about who he was or where he came from but rather gave evergreen songs that stood by you all your life.
Depending on what's in the recent vaults, Tom Petty's final recordings may not have been for himself.
- Arsene Wenger Hails 'Impressive' Wilshere After Europa League Win
- Where To Buy the SNES Classic
- Google admits citing 4chan to spread fake Vegas shooter news
- Numis Securities Ltd Reiterates "Add" Rating for UNITE Group plc (UTG)
- Children die in Pak shelling
- Federal judge rules Black Lives Matter movement can't be sued
- Dem calls for gun background check vote by end of week
- Former Australian PM picks fight with Macklemore over marriage equality
- JK attack ends, hunt on for 7 terrorists
- San Juan mayor pleads for better federal response: 'People are dying'