"It makes me very happy that my club has given me this chance".
"I need to thank the club for having the confidence to give me this type of contract", Iniesta said. The signing will take place today at 12: 30, " wrote the catalan club in a press release, prior to a press conference at the Camp Nou in 13 hours.
"We are "More than a Club" and it is precisely because of that that we feel that it is our duty to stand by our people, under such hard circumstances as those that are being experienced right now".
Alongside long-time midfield partner Xavi for both club and country, Iniesta formed the axis of Pep Guardiola's legendary side that won 14 trophies in four years between 2008 and 2012.
Iniesta has previously tended to do his talking on the field as a fundamental figure in Barca's most successful ever era.
Tim's Top 5: Favorite Tom Petty Music Videos
Tom Petty has left a massive hole in the music industry, and will be missed by both musicians and fans around the world. Depending on what's in the recent vaults, Tom Petty's final recordings may not have been for himself.
Iniesta signed in Barcelona at the age of 12 in 1996, and six years later made his debut in the first team.
Iniesta's current deal was due to expire at the end of the season and there had been tentative rumours that his lengthy association with the club could come to an end. They are followed by Lionel Messi, whose streak stands at 594.
The 33-year-old has signed a new deal to stay on at the Nou Camp - the club announced it is a deal "for life". Either way, this is wonderful PR for the club and the fans are delighted.
His Barca team have begun their 2017/18 La Liga campaign in impressive fashion, with seven wins from seven games.
The Barcelona captain is now second on the all-time appearance list for the club, trailing only former midfield partner Xavi.
How long his lifetime contract will last is a debate for further down the line.
- Macklemore to donate Aussie earnings from 'Same Love' to 'YES' campaign
- Sony Is Teasing Some "Big Game Announcements" During Paris Games Week
- Saudi King Salman Heads to Russian Federation for Official Visit
- Energy East pipeline cancelled
- Manchester United cruise past Crystal Palace: 3 things we learned
- Apple investigating claims that iPhone 8 splits during charging
- Will Higher Prices Tune Out Subscribers — Netflix
- Couple Describe Witnessing Las Vegas Shooting
- Peter Dutton Says The NRL Should Play A 'No' Campaign Song Too
- Better defences needed to ward off Nth Korea, US expert warns Australia