Should he be out for two weeks he will miss next weekend's Premier League trip to Liverpool.
On Saturday night it was confirmed that Fellaini suffered a left knee injury against Bosnia.
Belgium were 1-0 up at the time of the 29-year-old's substitution, with a thrilling match eventually ending 4-3 in the favour of Martinez's men, who had already booked their place at the tournament in Russian Federation.
However, on Sunday the Belgian FA announced that Fellaini will only be out a couple weeks.
United are already facing an ever-growing injury list and now face the prospect of facing bitter rivals Liverpool next Saturday without Paul Pogba and Fellaini.
United may breathe a slight sigh of a relief given their midfielder escaped without cruciate ligament damage which would have extended his time in the treatment room from weeks to months. Scan - left knee injury (MCL sprain).
Energy East pipeline cancelled
Trudeau's "a lack of interest and leadership" on Energy East could undermine confidence in national unity, said Wall. TransCanada had hit regulatory hurdles even before the greenhouse gas assessment was announced.
Belgium manager and utter fraud Roberto Martínez did not sound hopeful: "We are all anxious about Fellaini".
An official from the Royal Belgian Football Association added: "It is something to be anxious about on first sight".
Marouane Fellaini has been ruled out for at least two weeks after suffering a knee ligament sprain while on global duty.
Last Saturday, Fellaini scored twice as Manchester United defeated Crystal Palace 4-0. Now with the absence Fellaini, MU has only three defensive midfielders, Nemanja Matic and Ander Herrera, plus captain Michael Carrick.
Belgium have already qualified for the World Cup next summer and will play a dead rubber against Cyprus on Tuesday.
- Pakistan says influence with Afghan Taliban has diminished
- Harvey Weinstein masturbated in front of a former Fox News reporter?
- Barcelona superstar Andres Iniesta signs lifetime contract with the Spanish club
- Manchester City defender Benjamin Mendy suffers ruptured cruciate ligament
- Will Higher Prices Tune Out Subscribers — Netflix
- Where To Buy the SNES Classic
- 18 hurt, three seriously in French stadium barrier collapse
- Windows Insiders get access to mobile Microsoft Edge and Launcher app
- Tim's Top 5: Favorite Tom Petty Music Videos
- United Nations fears 'further exodus' of Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar into Bangladesh