Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) insurgents say they are ready to respond to any peace move by the Myanmar government.
Bangladesh initially kept its border closed after violence broke out in Myanmar's western Rakhine, but later chose to open it up to Rohingyas on humanitarian grounds.
The shadowy, poorly-armed Arsa tipped northern Rakhine into crisis when it ambushed police posts on Aug 25.
More than half a million Rohingya have arrived in Bangladesh since Burmese forces began a crackdown in Rakhine State at the end of August, in a response to anti-state violence that has been likened to genocide.
Many in Buddhist-majority Myanmar consider the Rohingyas, who are mostly Muslims, as illegal migrants from Bangladesh.
"The situation is very bad", said Kazi Abdur Rahman, a senior official in the Bangladesh border district of Cox's Bazar, where most of the Rohingya are settled.Читайте также: Dem calls for gun background check vote by end of week
The coast guard of Bangladesh discovered Thursday, the lifeless body of 26 the Rohingya, many of them children, whose boats have capsized as they fled the violence in Burma.
Suara Rakyat Malaysia (Suaram) welcomes the decision by Khairy Jamaluddin to engage with the Myanmar embassy with regards to the persecution and killing of ethnic Rohingya in Rakhine, Myanmar.
Myanmar denies the Rohingya citizenship, describing them as "Bengali" interlopers.
However, Robert Watkins, the United Nations resident co-ordinator in Dhaka, said overcrowding could heighten the spread of disease, which is already a problem among the refugee population.
"It is much easier to manage people, manage the health situation and security situation if there are a number of different camps rather than one concentrated camp", Watkins said, adding, "There are stronger possibilities, if there are any infectious diseases that spread, that will spread very quickly."
An estimated 2,000 Rohingyas are arriving in Bangladesh a day, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) said on Friday. Two thousand acres (790 hectares) of land next to the existing Kutupalong camp were set aside last month for the new Rohingya arrivals.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2017 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Saudi King Salman Heads to Russian Federation for Official Visit
- Syria regime forces enter IS-held Mayadeen: monitor
- Troy conquers Tiger Stadium, takes down LSU in stunning 24-21 defeat
- Marilyn Manson cancels nine shows after being injured by falling stage prop
- Harvey Weinstein masturbated in front of a former Fox News reporter?
- Canadian police officer and four pedestrians injured in 'act of terrorism'
- Windows Insiders get access to mobile Microsoft Edge and Launcher app
- Man United's Fellaini ruled out of Liverpool clash
- 18 hurt, three seriously in French stadium barrier collapse
- Better defences needed to ward off Nth Korea, US expert warns Australia