The Japanese video game company filed a trademark in its home country on September 15, which included an image of the original 1989 Game Boy. You'll learn the three central ideas behind the game's development, how Miyamoto's inability to work multiplayer into Super Mario games led to him pushing the team at HAL to put them into Kirby, or even that the demo footage of each of Super Star's games was played by Masahiro Sakurai himself.
Nintendo's nostalgia-fuelled Super NES Classic has been out for less than two weeks, but it's already been hacked to add more games and custom backgrounds.
Now the Japanese giant has apparently trademarked the design of the 1989 Game Boy handheld.
Windows Insiders get access to mobile Microsoft Edge and Launcher app
The iOS version of Microsoft Edge is based on WebKit rendering engine by Apple whereas the Android version is based on Chromium. Not only that, you swipe right to see your recent applications, events, news and activities and Microsoft calls it "The Feed".
No real details have been unveiled concerning the new trademark, although some outlets erroneously stated that "Game Boy Classic Mini" had been trademarked, which is in fact untrue.
The Game Boy came out one year before the SNES hit stores in Japan in 1990, but perhaps with the 30th anniversary of the Game Boy coming up in 2019, Nintendo may want to line up a release of a Game Boy Classic Edition with that momentous occasion.
It also covers smartphone cases/covers and accessories like key holders, necklaces and watches.
NintendoPromotional picture for the Nintendo SNES Classic Mini. In 2005, the Japanese firm came up with a smaller version of the Game Boy Advance, dubbed as the Game Boy Micro. Though its games would arguably be easier to emulate than those of the Nintendo 64, it'd be hard to create a miniature Game Boy that's affordable and true to the original and include a screen.
- Saudi King Salman Heads to Russian Federation for Official Visit
- Wildfire forces evacuations in southern California
- United Nations fears 'further exodus' of Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar into Bangladesh
- Catalan leaders under pressure over independence threat to break away from Spain
- Tim's Top 5: Favorite Tom Petty Music Videos
- Canadian police officer and four pedestrians injured in 'act of terrorism'
- JK attack ends, hunt on for 7 terrorists
- Energy East pipeline cancelled
- Will Higher Prices Tune Out Subscribers — Netflix
- Microsoft finally admits Windows Phone is dead