According to the piece, Trump "belittled" Pence's "determination to overturn Roe v. Wade" - the Supreme Court ruling that legalized abortion. When Trump and Pence finally did talk, Pence told him that his wife still had "huge problems" with his behavior.
The revelation of the latest shocking statement from the president drew a swift, horrified response from a number of artists and human rights organizations.
And when the meeting began to focus on gay rights, Trump reportedly pointed to Pence, joking, "Don't ask that guy - he wants to hang them all!"
Bottom line: Trump knows that Pence is a right-wing Christian extremist with a faith based hatred for LGBT people, and he thinks it's amusing.
The White House didn't immediately respond to a request for comment on the report.
United Nations fears 'further exodus' of Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar into Bangladesh
Arakan Rohingya Salvation Army (ARSA) insurgents say they are ready to respond to any peace move by the Myanmar government. The shadowy, poorly-armed Arsa tipped northern Rakhine into crisis when it ambushed police posts on Aug 25.
At the White House, Pence has been hosting a Bible-study group for Cabinet officers, led by an evangelical pastor named Ralph Drollinger. Administration members who attend include Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, CIA Director Mike Pompeo, and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Mayer writes.
Mr Pence has also been accused of supporting conversion therapy - a discredited form of treatment that seeks to turn gay people straight - after suggesting state money should be "directed toward those institutions which provide assistance to those seeking to change their sexual behaviour".
While citing Steve Bannon, Meyer claims the president thinks Pence is "great", but that he also likes to "let Pence know who's boss".
Mike Pence, the Vice President of the United States, does not believe in evolution.
According to the New York Times, he has a long history of opposing legislation that would protect the LGBTQ+ community.
All things considered, Pence's attempts to limit LGBTQ+ civil liberties have been apparent for quite some time.
- SNES Classic Mini hack hits Github, kills your social life
- NIA hit terrorists hard: Rajnath Singh
- Gorkhaland Agitation: SI killed, three injured in police-GJM clash in Darjeeling
- Man United's Fellaini ruled out of Liverpool clash
- Turkey will not allow a terror corridor along its borders, Erdoğan says
- Twitter is going nuts over the Jets beating the Patriots
- Tension runs high ahead of allies' joint military drill
- Catalan leaders under pressure over independence threat to break away from Spain
- 2 killed in police shoot-out in India-administered Kashmir
- Charlottesville's first Indigenous Peoples Day celebrated downtown