According to a Cricbuzz report, Tharanga's withdrawal also makes him ineligible to play in the first two T20 global matches of the series in the UAE as selectors had earlier announced that they would pick one squad for all the T20 worldwide matches versus Pakistan.
Sri Lanka Cricket affirmed their decision to send a team to Lahore that will host the third and final Twenty20 global against Pakistan in a bid to revive worldwide cricket in the country.
According to a report, it is understood that 40 contracted players including skipper Upul Tharanga have expressed their reluctance to visit Pakistan and had requested the board to shift the game to a neutral venue but a statement released by the SLC stated that they are happy with the security arrangements for the game on 29th October.
Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka in the second ODI by 32 runs of the five-match series in Abu Dhabi.
When is Pakistan vs Sri Lanka 3rd ODI?
Arsene Wenger aims subtle swipe at Joachim Low after Shkodran Mustafi's injury
Sanchez has two goals and an assist in the last two, while Ozil has a marker and two helpers in those contests. Wenger could draft in Calum Chambers or Rob Holding, while veteran Per Mertesacker also lies in wait.
Sri Lanka won the Two-Test match series earlier by 21 and 68 runs respectively, meanwhile, on October 13, Pakistan won the opening ODI by 83 runs against the Lankans. "SLC is expected to tell [chief of selectors] Graeme [Labrooy] what the next step forward is", Gurusinha said.
Gunathilaka was dropped from the squad for the ongoing five-match one-day global series against Pakistan in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). "SLC will be speaking to most of the players to find the best way to handle it".
"Pakistan sent their team to help us two weeks after the Central Bank bombing. We are hoping that some of the players who had concerns will seriously look at it". Had they not come down, I am not too sure whether Kenya and Zimbabwe would have honoured their World Cup fixtures.
In first phase, tickets of at least seven enclosures are presented for sales online, at comparatively lower prices than what it carried for three-match Independence series between Pakistan and World XI.
- Floating Ocean Wind Turbines Could Power The Entire World, Researchers Say
- Twitter is going nuts over the Jets beating the Patriots
- Charlottesville's first Indigenous Peoples Day celebrated downtown
- United Nations fears 'further exodus' of Rohingya Muslims from Myanmar into Bangladesh
- NIA hit terrorists hard: Rajnath Singh
- 2 killed in police shoot-out in India-administered Kashmir
- Confirmed: Ireland Placed In Second Tier For UEFA Nations League
- Tesla fires hundreds of employees over bad performance
- Arsene Wenger blames referee after Arsenal suffer shock defeat at Watford
- SNES Classic Mini hack hits Github, kills your social life