Price's removal creates uncertainty about the studio's direction when Amazon is investing more on video content than ever before - some $US4.5 billion ($NZ6.2 billion) this year. Following the reports of harassment, Amazon suspended Price without pay and put Cheng in charge of the division, according to Variety.
The head of Amazon Studios, Mr Roy Price, resigned on Tuesday, just days after a producer publicly accused him of sexual harassment, a spokesman for the company said.
Why is she telling her story now?In August 2015, weeks after his encounter with Hackett, Price joined TriStar TV executive Suzanne Patmore Gibbs, then-Amazon development executive Carolyn Newman and Amazon's then-head of hourlong programming, Morgan Wandell, for drinks at Soho House in NY following a table read for Good Girls Revolt.
However, she says she was never told the outcome of that investigation.
Hackett told the Hollywood Reporter that Price made lewd remarks to her during a promotional tour at Comic-Con in San Diego in 2015, including repeatedly making unwanted propositions to her while on a cab ride.
These allegations arose on October 12, after reports of sexual harassment and assault against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein came pouring in, resulting in Price being placed on a forced leave of absence.
2nd ODI: Zaman departs early as Pakistan at 25-1
Had they not come down, I am not too sure whether Kenya and Zimbabwe would have honoured their World Cup fixtures. Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka in the second ODI by 32 runs of the five-match series in Abu Dhabi.
"As somebody with some power, I feel it is imperative for me to speak out", Hackett told THR.
She said that Price did not give up and that she later reported the incident to Amazon executives.
What happened after she went public?
After the allegations emerged, Price's fiance Lila Feinberg reportedly called off their wedding scheduled for 12 November.
Hackett released a statement after the news of Price's resignation, saying she was pleased Amazon had taken steps to address the issue.
"This is truly an opportunity to find a better way forward, and ultimately toward a balanced representation of women and minorities in leadership positions".
- Trump joked Pence 'wants to hang' all gay people, New Yorker reports
- Arsene Wenger aims subtle swipe at Joachim Low after Shkodran Mustafi's injury
- Wildfire forces evacuations in southern California
- What Wi-Fi Security Problem? Windows is Already Patched
- Microsoft Brings All New Powerful Surface Book 2
- Catalan leaders under pressure over independence threat to break away from Spain
- Trump challenges Tillerson to battle of IQ tests over reported 'moron' jab
- Republican Collins will stay in US Senate, focused on healthcare
- Tesla fires hundreds of employees over bad performance
- Massive Hole Has Opened Up in Antarctica