He said 22 people were wounded, eight of them critically. The bombing occurred in the city's New Saryab area on Quetta-Sibbi Road at around 8:30am. Local media said that TTP spokesperson Muhammad Khurasani took credit of the attack in a statement.
"We have been fighting this war against terrorism and will keep on doing so til death of last terrorist", he said.
Abdul Salam was shot multiple times, police said.
"Strongly condemn terror attack in Quetta causing loss of precious lives".
Balochistan Home Minister Sarfaraz Bugti told the media that fight against terrorism will continue despite the attack.
Twitter is going nuts over the Jets beating the Patriots
Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson failed to generate an inside push, allowing Brady to overcome a slow start. The Jets have only seven sacks in six games, none by the defensive line.
Meanwhile, Sanaullah Zehri also expressed condolences over Quetta blast.
"The street will remain closed till the forensic team collects the evidence and samples", Bugti said. "Our security forces have destroyed terrorist networks from here and now they plan their attacks from across the border", he said.
Other leaders who condemned the attack included Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran Khan, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif, Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq, National Assembly Deputy Speaker Murtaza Javed Abbasi, Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal, Defence Minister Khurram Dastgir and Minister of State for Information Marriyum Aurangzeb.
The violence has fuelled concern about security for projects in the $57 billion China Pakistan Economic Corridor, a transport and energy link planned to run from western China to Pakistan's southern deep-water port of Gwadar. The roadside explosions targeting sercurity personnel has become common in Balochistan area. Earlier in June, 14 people ─ including seven policemen ─ were killed in a powerful blast in Quetta's Gulistan Road area.
On August 12, a blast in Quetta killed at least 15 and injured 32 people, police said.
- Gorkhaland Agitation: SI killed, three injured in police-GJM clash in Darjeeling
- Kelly: 'I don't think I'm being fired today'
- Roy Price Resigns From Amazon Studios
- Arsene Wenger blames referee after Arsenal suffer shock defeat at Watford
- Microsoft Brings All New Powerful Surface Book 2
- Massive Hole Has Opened Up in Antarctica
- Garmin Speak is a GPS That Puts Alexa In Your Car
- Tension runs high ahead of allies' joint military drill
- Tesla fires hundreds of employees over bad performance
- Cavs finalizing deal to trade Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to Atlanta Hawks