A few weeks into training, Lulu began to show signs that she simply "wasn't interested in detecting explosive odours", the blog post said. Even when motivated w food & play, she was clearly no longer enjoying herself. They get lazy, stop caring, or just guess to get through it the subject, but usually that bad days only last a day or two.
This move also left Lulu's handler in need of a new partner, and on Thursday afternoon the agency will reveal the lucky member who will join the 2017 puppy class.
Lulu was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency to detect explosives and alert her handler when she found something. In the photo, Lulu looks forlornly at the camera and we're pretty sure she's thinking something along the lines of "I'm over this".
The CIA told the sad tale of Lulu being dropped from the program using a series of tweets.
Cavs finalizing deal to trade Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to Atlanta Hawks
Too soon". "These situations and decisions are some of the toughest to be in and have to make", said Cavaliers general manager Koby Altman.
It is not clear whether Lulu simply wasn't up to the challenge of sniffing out bombs, or whether it was all part of a cunning plan to never have to go to work.
She's happier now, and able to spend her time doing things she truly loves: playing with kids, hanging out in the backyard and eating snacks.
As reported by the Business Insider, it has all worked out well for Lulu, however, despite being fired, as her handler has adopted her and given her a fur-ever home.
- CIA (@CIA)Lulu wasn't interested in searching for explosives. She now lives with her new family and has a pal in fellow labrador, Harry. The same is true during our puppy classes.
Stay tuned for the CIA's announcement of the newest K-9 addition to its program on Friday!
- Gorkhaland Agitation: SI killed, three injured in police-GJM clash in Darjeeling
- Seven killed, 22 injured in roadside blast in Quetta
- North Korean Diplomat: Nuclear War May Break out at any Moment
- Thousands of Rohingya refugees stranded near Bangladesh-Myanmar border
- Garmin Speak is a GPS That Puts Alexa In Your Car
- SNES Classic Mini hack hits Github, kills your social life
- Tesla fires hundreds of employees over bad performance
- Trump joked Pence 'wants to hang' all gay people, New Yorker reports
- Floating Ocean Wind Turbines Could Power The Entire World, Researchers Say
- Republican Collins will stay in US Senate, focused on healthcare