The election for the Congress would be led by Singh himself.
On the waitlist are Vikramaditya, Virbhadra's son, who is keen to contest from Shimla Rural - the seat represented by his father in the outgoing assembly.
Narendra Thakur will be the BJP candidate from Hamirpur, Suresh Bhardwaj from Shimla, Pramod Sharma from Shimla Rural and DS Thakur from Dalhousie.
The BJP has fielded six women in this elections, polling for which will take place on November 9 while the results will be declared on December 18.
A day ahead of Congress central election committee meet, the leaders engaged in hectic lobbying to get upper hand in ticket distribution.
Rana in 2012 won the assembly elections from this seat as an Independent and later joined the Congress.
Prison escape attempt, fire leads to lockdown, injuries in North Carolina facility
In his statement, Cooper said, "Those who work in our prisons do a hard and demanding job that is critical to our safety". Inmates killed two people and injured 10 more as they set fires and attempted a prison break Thursday, officials said.
Though the initial list of candidates didn't figure the name of Singh's son Vikramaditya Singh for whome he had vacated his constituency, Shimla (Rural). Being a senior leader, party insiders claim that he has been included in the list ruling out possibility of any confusion about who will be the party's chief ministerial candidate. According to BJP sources, a thumping victory could pitchfork Union Minister J P Nadda to the front, while a win close to the victory margin could favour the old warhorse Prem Kumar Dhumal.
Maheshwar Singh, who merged his Himachal Lokhit Party (HLP) with BJP has been fielded from Chopal.
The filing of nomination is scheduled to begin on October 16 and conclude on October 23.
Virbhadra Singh has been fielded by the Congress from Arki while state party chief Sukhhu from Nadaun and former state party chief Viplova Thakur, a Rajya Sabha member, from Dehra.
Former chief minister Prem Kumar Dhumal and Himachal Pradesh BJP chief Satpal Singh Satti are among the party candidates, a list for which was announced on Wednesday, for the state Assembly polls. Congress will be announcing the official list at the earliest.
- Cavs finalizing deal to trade Richard Jefferson, Kay Felder to Atlanta Hawks
- Roy Price Resigns From Amazon Studios
- Trump challenges Tillerson to battle of IQ tests over reported 'moron' jab
- Tension runs high ahead of allies' joint military drill
- Arsene Wenger aims subtle swipe at Joachim Low after Shkodran Mustafi's injury
- 2 killed in police shoot-out in India-administered Kashmir
- Microsoft Brings All New Powerful Surface Book 2
- Twitter is going nuts over the Jets beating the Patriots
- Kelly: 'I don't think I'm being fired today'
- Confirmed: Ireland Placed In Second Tier For UEFA Nations League