Mourinho told a news conference: "Not that I read it a lot, but sometimes when I read the press, not only English but Portuguese, I feel that sometimes defending properly is seen as a crime but it is not".
Rashford limped off on 76 minutes though Mourinho is hopeful his knee injury is only minor.
Other managers, they cry, they cry, they cry when some player is injured.
The 29-year old Matic was sold to Benfica by Chelsea in 2011 and after he was bought back by the West London side three years later, he won two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and a League Cup. Twelve matches, 10 victories, two draws, nine clean sheets.
'Bailly, I don't think so'.
Republican Collins will stay in US Senate, focused on healthcare
Collins has been a pivotal vote in the Senate this year on defeating Republican attempts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Collins, 64, is one of just five women now serving among Senate Republicans, while the Democrats have 16 women serving.
"With Rashford, I thought it was cramp because he was running so much - I thought it was muscular fatigue".
He also denied substitute Anthony Martial in the closing stages but all his good work was overshadowed by the howler which left Benfica's hopes of reaching the knockout stages hanging by a thread.
Swiss side Basel are second with six points after a 2-0 win at CSKA Moscow, three points ahead of the Russian team, while Benfica are bottom with none.
"We brought the kid today like Benfica does, I have no other solution, I brought Scott McTominay, who is the same age as the Benfica kids". It was not magic, but it was a solid performance.
"We are happy, we have nine points, won the match, didn't concede goals, the game was calm, team was compact, control and nearly there".
- Arsene Wenger blames referee after Arsenal suffer shock defeat at Watford
- Massive Hole Has Opened Up in Antarctica
- Tension runs high ahead of allies' joint military drill
- Trump joked Pence 'wants to hang' all gay people, New Yorker reports
- Prison escape attempt, fire leads to lockdown, injuries in North Carolina facility
- Seven killed, 22 injured in roadside blast in Quetta
- 2 killed in police shoot-out in India-administered Kashmir
- Floating Ocean Wind Turbines Could Power The Entire World, Researchers Say
- North Korean Diplomat: Nuclear War May Break out at any Moment
- MRI on knee comes back clean