Stephen Paddock's brother, Bruce Paddock, was arrested early today in Los Angeles, officer Norma Eisenman told AFP.
According to the publication's sources in law enforcement, the police were alerted to a tip that suggested Paddock was in possession of child porn on his computer.
Authorities are examining every aspect of Paddock's life - from his family, friends and associates to his travel patterns, health and finances.
After the attack, Bruce Paddock told NBC News he was questioned about the shooting twice by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
2nd ODI: Zaman departs early as Pakistan at 25-1
Had they not come down, I am not too sure whether Kenya and Zimbabwe would have honoured their World Cup fixtures. Pakistan defeated Sri Lanka in the second ODI by 32 runs of the five-match series in Abu Dhabi.
According to reports, Paddock was arrested at an assisted living center. "Paddock had been squatting inside the business and after his eviction, the evidence was discovered".
Bruce Paddock is not a suspect in the Las Vegas shooting, in which Stephen Paddock killed 58 people and wounded hundreds at an outdoor concert on October 1 before he shot and killed himself.
The child porn case predated the October 1 shooting, authorities said. It wasn't immediately known if he has an attorney. He said he had been questioned by the Federal Bureau of Investigation about his brother.
Sources also informed them that prior to Stephen Paddock's mass shooting, police were attempting to locate his brother, Bruce, without success. Refresh this page for updates.
- Jose's injury update after win over Benfica
- GM's earnings beat, forecast lift shares; supply glut shrinks
- Seven killed, 22 injured in roadside blast in Quetta
- Tesla Building Electric Car Factory In China
- Justin Timberlake to perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- HP Polls: Congress releases list of 59 candidates
- Orionid meteor shower: Lack of moonlight makes for excellent viewing conditions
- Liam Payne's New Song Is Full Of Breakup (And Makeup) Sex
- North Korean Diplomat: Nuclear War May Break out at any Moment
- Trump's latest travel ban blocked by Hawaii judge