Svitolina before coming to the court has lost even theoretical chances of getting into the semi Final of the tournament.
Wozniacki became the first player ever in WTA Finals history to earn three 6-0 sets, as she had done against Halep and Svitolina in her previous round robin matches.
On to Rome, where she defeated fellow WTA Finals competitors Karolina Pliskova, Garbine Muguruza and Simona Halep consecutively. In addition, the Ukrainian could affect the fate of Garcia, that in case of defeat Halep reached the semi-finals.
Granted, there was a "heat of the moment" element to Svitolina's comments, given that she was speaking in the immediate aftermath of a frustrating three-set loss to Caroline Garcia - a match she really should have won.
Online giant has 'key' to in-home deliveries
But imagine if a courier could temporarily be given access to your home, so they could drop off your package and leave. That means you can start watching a live stream of the delivery on your camera if you want to keep an eye on things.
Garcia will face American Venus Williams, who finished second out of the White Group, in the semifinals, while the group's victor, Karolina Pliskova of the Czech Republic, will face Wozniacki, who had already advanced before Friday's match.
Pliskova led 3-2 in the first set of the early match, but the already-eliminated Ostapenko won the next seven games for a 6-3, 3-0 lead. I think I improved a lot in myself and also in my game. "I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables", Williams said. "I just want it to be if you lose you go home".
If that does not occur, Halep will advance as Red Group runner-up, behind Wozniacki, who has already booked a place in the last-four round. But, you know, when I am into the tournament, I try to don't think so much about my fitness state, you know. "She played really well, and she deserved to win".
"I just felt 100 percent that the court is not for me and I can not finish a point", the Romanian said.
"I'm very proud of this year." said Muguruza, who reached the No. 1 ranking for the first time this season. "I had the chance to serve it out and I didn't". I will not be the aggressive player on court.
- Trump's latest travel ban blocked by Hawaii judge
- Utah National Park entrance fees could more than double
- Eric Bledsoe met with Suns before season, requested trade
- Albert Einstein's 'secret to happiness' note sells for $1.9m
- RIP Kinect: Microsoft stops manufacturing Xbox and Windows add-on device
- Tesla Building Electric Car Factory In China
- Martavis Bryant reportedly wants out of Pittsburgh again, rips JuJu Smith-Schuster
- Justin Timberlake to perform at Super Bowl halftime show
- GM's earnings beat, forecast lift shares; supply glut shrinks
- Victor denied trophy - because she's a GIRL